Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus One LWP / Notifications

Hello All,

I thought I'd come here because everybody has always been so helpful. I have two slight annoyances that I was hoping someone could help with.

1. I want the Nexus One lwp that has all the colors going in lines. I currently have Nexus Revamped and although I like the customizations and what the app provides, it still makes the 3d app drawer on my Nexus S stutter just a bit. Yes that's nit picky I know but maybe there's a solution. I also know (from what the interwebs tell me) that the live wallpapers included on the Nexus S for example, are hardware accelerated so they make the phone run smooth. Is there this live wall paper from the Nexus One and will it run great on my Nexus S? I do know there is a live wall paper.apk I can get but will that replace my current lwps and will it run smooth if it's on this different hardware? That was long...

2. I know Cyanogenmod allows you to swipe to clear notifications. When I had my G1, it was a great feature. Is there something like this in the market for a non-rooted phone to utilize or no?

Thanks!!
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

1. The Nexus S has a lwp similar to the Nexus One lwp its not exactly like it but still has the colored lines.
    2. I have no clue but I will look into it.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    1. The Nexus S has a lwp similar to the Nexus One lwp its not exactly like it but still has the colored lines.
    2. I have no clue but I will look into it.
    On the second one, it's in the framework I believe, the CM mods are really deep, either you get rooted and find a mod or get rooted and install CM.

Sent from my Nexus S
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hey guys!

Thanks for the responses. Yeah the lwp on the Nexus S is kinda cool but unfortunately, there isn't any customizations allowed so I can't get that background that is similar to the one on the Nexus One. And I like all the light strips to be the same size (OCD I know). It's not a huge deal though :-).

Yeah I need to seriously think about rooting again. CM is great and I should have figured those features were in the framework. It probably can't be accessed by non-rooted phones. Thanks again so much!!