[ROM] [10.07.2011] NuDroid T1D-S [LG-P509] [Froyo 2.2.2]

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I preffer francos kernel 19.4cfs. mik's haven't update for long time. get class 10 microsd

I suggest moving from francos 19.4 to fserves gbsv18b4. It's francos kernel with camera flicker fix and a different i/o scheduler that solves the sd card performance issue. It's also CFS and fully compatible with Official Froyo roms.

screamline458

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I suggest moving from francos 19.4 to fserves gbsv18b4. It's francos kernel with camera flicker fix and a different i/o scheduler that solves the sd card performance issue. It's also CFS and fully compatible with Official Froyo roms.

Ayi, and where would one find that? any tips on properly flashing a kernel and any roms for the optimus I may not know of? trying to get this phone to last longer than the 5 minutes it'll take to break it

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ayi, and where would one find that? any tips on properly flashing a kernel and any roms for the optimus I may not know of? trying to get this phone to last longer than the 5 minutes it'll take to break it

franco.Kernel.v19.4-gbs.v18b4

To flash a kernel:

boot to recovery
wipe cache
install kernel
wipe cache again
reboot
charge to 100% (don't unplug)
reboot to recovery with phone still plugged in and charging
wipe battery stats
reboot
wait until it's fully booted up before unplugging.

Reactions: arhtard

screamline458

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
franco.Kernel.v19.4-gbs.v18b4

To flash a kernel:

boot to recovery
wipe cache
install kernel
wipe cache again
reboot
charge to 100% (don't unplug)
reboot to recovery with phone still plugged in and charging
wipe battery stats
reboot
wait until it's fully booted up before unplugging.

Ducky, you are teh bestests. I will try that later. may help if I paid attention to some posts. oh well, whats learning if ya don't do it the hard way

aeroseek

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
glad i made a backup - franco.Kernel.v19.4-gbs.v18b4 killed my wifi calling :( !!!!
(NuDroid T1L-F ROM)

Just checked, wifi calling works well for me on T1-S with gbs.v18b4 kernel. There must be some other issue with your phone. I'd reflash and follow Turducken's installation instructions (2 posts up).

-J

aeroseek

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
arhtard: just curious as to why you do not post this rom over on xda also? You've done one helluva job here. Smoother and faster with better battery life than anything I've tried before.

tnlobo420

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
OK figured it out - phone is possessed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did it with either kernel - has to do with a weak T signal - have 2 diff routers - sorry this is not the correct forum for T-mobile issues - wish i could get a signal - period........

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Official P509 GB? If you're considering a P500 GB port then NO. Our basebands are different.

i'm sorry i should've stated a p500 gb firmware. that is disappointing to say the least. i assumed we could do some alterations. but i'm glad you replied, saved me time. i did make it as far as a flashable rom but with force closes. lol

its the weekend.... what to do?

barneysaysso

Banned
Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the rom. I tried creating a custom theme using the Kitchen with the instructions you provided in the first post, but it seems I did something wrong because when I flashed it it says "Error: No update-binary found!"

Could you post more complete instructions or point me to some?

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the rom. I tried creating a custom theme using the Kitchen with the instructions you provided in the first post, but it seems I did something wrong because when I flashed it it says "Error: No update-binary found!"

Could you post more complete instructions or point me to some?

update-binary means you have an edify script recovery - so on the final page of uot kitchen before submitting, be sure to check the "edify" option. this will create a compatible flash file for you. if you know how to use adb you could just unzip the file you already have and use adb to push it to your phone

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
alrighty i did a noob move ----
i bricked my phone flashing different firmwares and letting the battery run low while flashing
no lights come on no anything = brick
you guys are on your own now
unsuscribing to this thread
good luck

tnlobo420

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
alrighty i did a noob move ----
i bricked my phone flashing different firmwares and letting the battery run low while flashing
no lights come on no anything = brick
you guys are on your own now
unsuscribing to this thread
good luck

arhtard - sad to hear that - again your ROM has been the best of the 3 that will work - solicit some donations - your followers will buy you another - don't give up - we need talent as yours !!!! - i'll donate 20 and i'm sure several others will ???

Reactions: arhtard

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
pulled my samsung gravity smart out of the box to use again.
made a rom for it from a system dump - no firmware available for it to build from.
first rom available for it now.
for those that are curious -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1215631&goto=newpost

i miss my optimus though. =(

while creating this rom - i figured out why the edify version of NuDroid wouldnt install properly, lol.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress