T-Mobile Optimus T: Lock screen, search and home button not working

chad.jordan93

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Last night i reset my phone to factory default, ans since then, as the title says, my lock screen button does not work nor my home and search button. i rooted my phone a long time ago, and i have also reset it to factory default before and never had this problem. PLEASE help, is it hardware or software. i have looked everywhere and they never really have the same situation as me. NOTE: when ever i turn on airport mode i can then use everything again.

thank you
CJ

Last edited by a moderator:

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Lock screen, search and home button not working

Last night i reset my phone to factory default, ans since then, as the title says, my lock screen button does not work nor my home and search button. i rooted my phone a long time ago, and i have also reset it to factory default before and never had this problem. PLEASE help, is it hardware or software. i have looked everywhere and they never really have the same situation as me. NOTE: when ever i turn on airport mode i can then use everything again.

thank you
CJ

Do you have a custom recovery like AmonRa or ClockWork? If so, selecting factory reset from the phones Settings menu will usually brick it. Follow my instructions here to unbrick it.

If you don't have a custom recovery, try factory reset again. If that doesn't work follow the guide I linked to above.

chad.jordan93

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

ive never done anything like that, and i have reset it probably three times now. ill try reset again and then ill try your tut.
thank you!

manquel

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

i have the same problem but i dont understand how to get my phone back to normal

wofl

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Have with my Xperia Play the same problem .

Can anyone help me please ?

MariaLocs

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a custom recovery like AmonRa or ClockWork? If so, selecting factory reset from the phones Settings menu will usually brick it. Follow my lpinstructions here to unbrick it.

If you don't have a custom recovery, try factory reset again. If that doesn't work follow the guide I linked to above.

the same thing happened to my phone. My screen will not lock & the home & search button are not working. How would I factory reset my phone

joe5940

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Out of no were my lock, home, and search buttons don't work on my Droid RAZR.
Any ideas on how to fix this??
my phone won't let me run Moto Home Fix.

giltheissen

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

for others in a similar situation, I too lost functionality of my home button, screen lock and browser button on my Optimus V after using Titanium backup to wipe all user and system data. I never figured out which app(s) or data were the culprit because after trying several times to selectively restore my system data without solving the problem, I finally lost patience and just ran the complete batch and restored all the system data which thankfully did the trick.
One other thing of note; after deleting and then restoring all system data, for some reason I ended up recouping an addition 20 Megs of space on my phone. Don't know why that is since I'd backed everything up only five days before I ran into this problem. So possibly this may be one way of freeing up extra space that goes beyond deleting cache and history.

Frederico Camara

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

I had this problem on my TF101, I think I erased some android settings with Titanium Backup. After I rebooted the device, Home button would do nothing, some quick settings would not show up and power button would show very few options.

A lot of sites prompted me to do a factory reset (backup and restore would take a day). After trying several possible solutions I came about this thread Home button issues striking back - The Lounge - CyanogenMod Forum that solved it.

I used the android sdk installed on my Ubuntu, using the following steps:

1. Use adb as su to retrieve the android settings database:

sudo platform-tools/adb -d pull /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db settings.db

2. Use sqlite3 to check if device_provisioned=1 (this setting was missing)

tools/sqlite3 settings.db "select * from secure;" | grep provision

correct answer would be "nnn|device_provisioned|1" where nnn is the number of the line. If there was no answer, you would have to add this setting to the file.

3. Use sqlite3 to add this setting to the file

tools/sqlite3 settings.db "INSERT INTO secure (name,value) VALUES ('device_provisioned','1');"

4. Put the file back on your android device

sudo platform-tools/adb -d push settings.db /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

5. Power down android (at first I tried the reboot option on the power button menu, but it restored my faulty settings somehow. Afterwards I pressed the power button until the device shut itself down.)

6. Power on. The Home button was working again (along with the other missing features).

culturobot

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

nice job, big thanks, Camara, right now i solved the same thing by your way e

Last edited:

Andrea Jordan

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

I'm only 13, so I have no clue what a this factory && scientific stuff y'all are talking about. My Android Precedent won't lock with my passcode, nor my search or home button will work. I just need a simple way to fix it please!!

mirandamarie

May 11, 2013
Visit site

My samsung galaxy s3 power button started not working and the power off option would pop up constantly, then my phone died and now i cant get it back on. Has anyone else had this problem and has gotten it fixed??

ceedeebee

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

I NEED HELP ! Baby sister dropped my LG Optimus G by sprint and it has a small crack at the top, but my screen is now unresponsive to my touch. After resetting it many times, it sill has not yet responded, will it or will i have to get a new screen !???

Saransh Gupta

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

thanks Camara..
but for me, the device_provisioned field was in global in settings.db instead of secure and changing its value from 0 to 1 worked for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888