MMS don't send/recieve

dotheandroid

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I purchased this LG Optimus T P509 from T-Mobile. I unlocked it officially for AT&T, it is for my sister who wanted an Android but no data plan. It is perfect for her. She loves the keyboard, gets great service, nice texting interface, but she can't MMS! I went into settings and set-up the AT&T APN, and the AT&T MMS APN. The phone was going onto mobile data and to prevent her getting a high bill, I turned off mobile data. With a mobile data block there is no MMS! So I bought this app called APNDroid. I said keep MMS enabled, turn APN off. MMS doesn't work. APNDroid worked on my phone. However, my phone is a carrier unbranded Gingerbread phone.

PLEASE HELP! I have been looking high and low for months. Any help is appreciated. We don't want a data plan but I don't understand why MMS works on my data-plan less phone and not on hers.

About her phone: LG Optimus T P509, Android 2.2.2, texting and calling work, tried mobile data once and it worked!, uses WiFi all the time,

styxyts

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It might not be a root issue. I couldn't MMS before I rooted, if I was on wifi, but had better luck via data; but not always. As for data usage, you can get the pay-as-you-go for $50 a month. that has a 100 mb limit with no data overage charges, just speed reduction. good luck.

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
UNDERSTOOD THIS IS OLD THREAD BUT IS STILL VALID

The problem is in the MMS server data that is currently entered in the phone. It needs to be changed to the ATT data (currently is set to T-Mobiles)
the correct info can be found at ATT's go phone website or through the local ATT Corporate store.