p509 no longer suppoorted on google play?

Joe Stalnaker

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I have been using my Optiums-T for about 18 months. Google Play has always shown it listed as the Optimus-T in the past, but today it is showing up as a Thunderg and the Optimus-T is not listed on the supported devices list. As far as I can tell the Thunderg is a different model (P500) than the Optimus-T (P509). Is anyone else having this issue? Does it even matter that it's showing up differently?

additional info: I have rooted the phone and am now using it on StraightTalk. It was showing up correctly after being rooted and switched carriers. Today is the first time I've seen it show up as the Thunderg.I have not installed a different ROM on the phone. Might that help resolve the issue?

robertt202

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if this will help or not but I did a factory restore on my phone and then when I tried to run an update it said the phone was current. That was fine but then when I tried to open "market" it went to the terms of service for google play and went no further.

So I went to the lg site and downloaded the software updater for the p509. I ran the update and restarted. After the update I got play back.

Hope that helps!