Permanent Cure for Boot to Recovery fail?
I don't recall having this issue the first year I owned my Optimus T .. Anyway, I was starting to cleanup, backup, prepare to flash custom rom - every time I try to boot into recovery via Power/Vol.Down/HOme, I get a phone reset instead. back to square one. searching the topic on the various forums, a lot of people have this issue with this handset but I haven't seen a good response, so that's why I'm posting.
have any of you had this issue and cured it somehow?
I am rooted, have CWM installed. and of course at the moment I'm stuck at stock froyo 2.2
- 02-21-2013, 12:14 AM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Permanent Cure for Boot to Recovery fail?
Oh no dude i am so sorry same thing happen to me here is some things to help...
1... try pressing home+volume down key+ power button for a bit
2.make sure you have a usb cable and make sure you have the computer system requirements...
1GHz or higher Pentium-compatible processor
At least 256 MB of RAM (memory)
Windows 2000 (SP4 or later) or Windows XP (SP1 or SP2), Windows Vista, Windows 7
Administration rights on the PC for software installation
High-speed Internet connection
make sure battery is fully charge, remove the sd card,close all apps on the computer like google chrome,connect your usb cable to your pc please note that the update can take up to 10 minutes or later. DO NOT DISCOUNT THE USB CABLE FROM THE PHONE. You can not call any one or text. All phone data may be lost. now go to this download link to update your pc lg optimus t driver. LG Electronics: T-Mobile Device Update Instructions | LG USA
once it is done download this... LG Electronics: T-Mobile Device Update Instructions | LG USA
note this updates the phone so it may reset everything on the phone so it may or may not work.
If this does not work then lets try something else to fix the cute android bot!
3. Call t-mobile and ask for tech support. (note they ask for ssn and sim card number) if they can not help they put you to a higher level of tech support then if you need a replacement phone make sure you got warranty or work for t-mobile if you got one of these you are in luck! if you work for t-mobile screw warranty you only need to pay under 5 bucks!if you got warranty you may need to pay or not. They send a replacement phone and you send your old phone back (note if you rooted your phone i don't know if you get in trouble...) then you got a new phone!
don't want to pay? all you gotta do if you can go into recovery/ download mode then hope is not gone...
4. If you can go into recovery mode or download mode then get another custom rom.
Name it update.zip
make sure you can put the sd card in pc or mac
put the update.zip into the root of your sd card
put your sd card in android device
boot into recovery/download mode
scroll down using the volume down button till you find clear system cache press home or menu button.
clear the system cache
then find wipe the system
now look around to find update.zip click it and now it replaces your old rom into the custom rom.
now press boot up now
wait for it to boot up
then it will work.
still did not help the cute android bot? it may got bricked so you need to get a new phone or a replacement phone (note the phone may be refurbished or it may not come in a box or it may be brand new and also if you rooted and could not un root the phone or you did something else like install a custom rom then buy a new phone to avoid getting in trouble)
- By recDNA in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 20Last Post: 01-08-2012, 12:07 PM
- By joewknap in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 2Last Post: 03-07-2011, 06:33 PM
- By Franzferdinan51 in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 9Last Post: 02-06-2011, 11:54 AM
- By StAlphonso in forum HTC EVO Shift 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 01-10-2011, 07:35 PM
- By mich1248 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 2Last Post: 02-04-2010, 07:42 PM