Can pre-installed icons be removed?

kathyathome

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, this belongs in a forum for Optimus 9, but I can't find one.

Thinking about buying the LG Optimus 9 as an upgrade to my Optimus T. I've read on various reviews that people are critical of the apps not being manageable. Do you LG 9 owners have trouble getting the icons off your screens? I know one can't uninstall many of the pre-installed programs unless you root your phone, but I don't care about that as long as I can get rid of the icons. Hubby's I-pad has icons he can't remove - boo. Anything else you think I should be aware of? I heard it doesn't have the swype keyboard, but a person can choose it and keep it as a default - is that right? Do you love
yours or hate yours or somewhere in between, and why? Thanks for opinions from LG 9 users.

Last edited:

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Kathy.
I don't have the LG optimus 9, but most newer android phones allow you to disable stock apps do that the icon is not seen in the app drawer. This can be done by going to settings>apps>all apps> and choosing the apps you would like to disable. Under the icon and version info should be two options. Force stop and uninstall/disable. If there are updates, you must first uninstall them and then disable. This can be undone at any time by going back into settings and selecting "enable" where the disable button once was.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay