- 3 Posts
T-Mobile Optimus T LG-P509 ANDROID v 2.2.2 ROOT
I used a "T-MOBILE OPTIMUS T" for this root.
MODEL NUMBER: LG-P509
ANDROID VERSION: 2.2.2
SOFTWARE VERSION: LG-P509-V10s
It has "GOOGLE ANDROID 2.2" operating system.
-Make sure you have a good charge on your phone. I suggest starting with a full charge.
-From the home screen of your phone press Menu > Settings > Applications > check mark "unknown sources". This will allow you to install GingerBreak-v1.20.apk without an error.
-From the home screen of your phone press Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > check mark "USB debugging". This is necessary for GingerBreak-v1.20.apk to work.
-You need to go to download ASTRO FILE MANAGER FOR GOOGLE ANDROID 2.2 http://www.freeware4android.net/get-...re-105962.html
-You need to download ANDROID TERMINAL EMULATOR FOR GOOGLE ANDROID 2.2 http://www.freeware4android.net/get-software-56379.html
-You need to download the GingerBreak-v1.20.apk http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1303829207
1) Open Astro file manager and Press Menu > More > Preferences > Check mark "enabled browser downloads". This will let you download apk's and zip files straight from the phones browser.
2) Download the app GingerBreak-v1.20.apk.
3) Once you've downloaded GingerBreak-v1.20.apk, open Astro file manager and do the following:
SDcard > Download (not to be confused with downloads) > Click on the file GingerBreak-v1.20.apk. Select "open in app manager" from the menu that pops up and then click install, then click install again.
IMPORTANT NOTE - If you did not follow the requirements about allowing "unknow sources", you will get a pop-up saying you need to make that change. Please don't skip ahead again
4) Open GingerBreak and click the Root button. When It's finished it will reboot your phone, and when the phone restarts, you should now have an application in your app drawer called " Super User".
It took me 10 minutes and its rooted and working great.
- 09-23-2014, 08:45 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: T-Mobile Optimus T LG-P509 ANDROID v 2.2.2 ROOT
Admittedly, this was my first time attempting to root my LG-P509 and I was terrified of bricking my only phone. I did everything that was called for in the instructions above and everything seemed OK because I indeed had the app called "Super User" listed in the application drawer. However, when I ran the app I get a message that said, "No apps in list" and "No log information". So. my question is this... If my phone is currently rooted why can't I see any files (installed apps), especially the bloatware that I did this all for in order to erase. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or perhaps a step I've missed?
Android Version 2.2.2
Kernel Version 188.8.131.52
Build Number FRG83G
Ginger Break v1.2
Super User v184.108.40.206
- By Ravynmagi in forum LG G Pad 8.3Replies: 24Last Post: 05-21-2014, 03:37 AM
- By c2oncpr in forum HTC VividReplies: 4Last Post: 03-31-2014, 03:33 AM
- By ddfs in forum Android GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2014, 09:17 PM
- By SactoKingsFan in forum LG G FlexReplies: 0Last Post: 03-15-2014, 03:36 PM
- By techie5 in forum LG G Pad 8.3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-15-2014, 02:47 PM