Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 373
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #326  
    atarilynx's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default

    thanks...much appreciated!
  2. #327  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    WARNING - This is a cat and mouse game we play with manufacturers. I guarantee you an update will come from LG that patches this exploit and will prevent people from rooting. It will also close your root access if you've already rooted using this method. Long story short, NEVER ACCEPT OTA UPDATES FROM THE CARRIER OR MANUFACTURER.

    Notice: There is now an application available called z4root which roots your phone using the same method detailed below. This has been confirmed to work on the Optimus line. Click THIS for more information. I feel the knowledge gained by doing this process yourself rather than a 1-click method will prove to be invaluable down the road if/when you encounter any issues but either way works.

    For those who learn visually, iamlilysdad has put together an awesome walkthrough video of this process which you can find

    What You'll Need:
    - Sun JRE,
    - The Android SDK, . Install this on the root of your computer so the path is C:/android
    - Drivers for the LG phone installed on your computer. Instructions can be FOUND HERE courtesy of our favorite android hacker, modder, developer, blogger (jack of all trades) gbhil
    - And the file I have attached to this post. Download it, unzip it, and put the 3 files inside in your android-sdk-windows\tools folder created from installing the SDK.

    /\You need to have installed/done all of the stuff in the "what you'll need" section. From this point on I'll assume you've done that./\

    Ready?:
    Step 1: Plug your phone into your PC with the USB cable.

    Step 2: Make sure the phone is charge only (don't mount as USB drive) and USB debugging is enabled. Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > check mark USB debugging

    Step 3: Launch the SDK manager, should be something like C:/Android-sdk-windows SDK Manager

    Step 4: Open a CMD window and type the following:
    cd c:\wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is (mine for example is C:\android\tools however in the new SDK the correct directory would be "Platform Tools", and not just "tools". See what you have on your directory)
    adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
    adb push su /data/local/tmp/
    adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/
    adb shell
    chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
    chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/busybox
    cd /data/local/tmp
    ./rageagainstthecage (let things sit a couple minutes (2), your phone will disconnect from the computer and you'll be removed from your ADB session)
    adb shell This should return a "#" symbol instead of a "$" symbol. If it does you're good. If not go back and start from the beginning of step 4
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    cd /data/local/tmp
    ./busybox cp su /system/bin
    ./busybox cp busybox /system/bin
    cd /system/bin
    chmod 4755 su
    chmod 4755 busybox
    busybox --install /system/bin
    exit
    exit

    If you get to this step "busybox --install /system/bin" you get an error, do this:

    4-A) Download superuser (free) from chainsDD in the market (this is step 5 below)
    4-B) Download titanium backup (free) in the market
    4-C) Launch titanium. You should get a request to give it root permissions select always allow. Now in titanium, hit the "problems" button and let it install busybox
    4-D) Reboot phone and enjoy

    Some phones are having a problem on that step while others are not.

    Step 5: Go to the android market on your phone and download "Superuser"(free). The developer will be listed as ChainsDD.

    Donations:
    What I ask is, if this helps you root, please watch this thread and help someone who may be experiencing issue. Yes, I am asking you to donate your time. The same donation I made while writing this so you could root your phone

    Thanks:
    gbhil - as always thanks, you rock rainman lol.
    - Without your exploit many phones would not be rooted today.
    iamlilysdad - for making the walkthrough video and sticking around and providing so much support for new users during this process.
    1st post to dl stuff
  3. #328  

    Default

    thanks
  4. #329  

    Default

    Thank you for the help!
  5. #330  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    WARNING - This is a cat and mouse game we play with manufacturers. I guarantee you an update will come from LG that patches this exploit and will prevent people from rooting. It will also close your root access if you've already rooted using this method. Long story short, NEVER ACCEPT OTA UPDATES FROM THE CARRIER OR MANUFACTURER.

    Notice: There is now an application available called z4root which roots your phone using the same method detailed below. This has been confirmed to work on the Optimus line. Click THIS for more information. I feel the knowledge gained by doing this process yourself rather than a 1-click method will prove to be invaluable down the road if/when you encounter any issues but either way works.

    For those who learn visually, iamlilysdad has put together an awesome walkthrough video of this process which you can find

    What You'll Need:
    - Sun JRE,
    - The Android SDK, . Install this on the root of your computer so the path is C:/android
    - Drivers for the LG phone installed on your computer. Instructions can be FOUND HERE courtesy of our favorite android hacker, modder, developer, blogger (jack of all trades) gbhil
    - And the file I have attached to this post. Download it, unzip it, and put the 3 files inside in your android-sdk-windows\tools folder created from installing the SDK.

    /\You need to have installed/done all of the stuff in the "what you'll need" section. From this point on I'll assume you've done that./\

    Ready?:
    Step 1: Plug your phone into your PC with the USB cable.

    Step 2: Make sure the phone is charge only (don't mount as USB drive) and USB debugging is enabled. Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > check mark USB debugging

    Step 3: Launch the SDK manager, should be something like C:/Android-sdk-windows SDK Manager

    Step 4: Open a CMD window and type the following:
    cd c:\wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is (mine for example is C:\android\tools however in the new SDK the correct directory would be "Platform Tools", and not just "tools". See what you have on your directory)
    adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
    adb push su /data/local/tmp/
    adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/
    adb shell
    chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
    chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/busybox
    cd /data/local/tmp
    ./rageagainstthecage (let things sit a couple minutes (2), your phone will disconnect from the computer and you'll be removed from your ADB session)
    adb shell This should return a "#" symbol instead of a "$" symbol. If it does you're good. If not go back and start from the beginning of step 4
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    cd /data/local/tmp
    ./busybox cp su /system/bin
    ./busybox cp busybox /system/bin
    cd /system/bin
    chmod 4755 su
    chmod 4755 busybox
    busybox --install /system/bin
    exit
    exit

    If you get to this step "busybox --install /system/bin" you get an error, do this:

    4-A) Download superuser (free) from chainsDD in the market (this is step 5 below)
    4-B) Download titanium backup (free) in the market
    4-C) Launch titanium. You should get a request to give it root permissions select always allow. Now in titanium, hit the "problems" button and let it install busybox
    4-D) Reboot phone and enjoy

    Some phones are having a problem on that step while others are not.

    Step 5: Go to the android market on your phone and download "Superuser"(free). The developer will be listed as ChainsDD.

    Donations:
    What I ask is, if this helps you root, please watch this thread and help someone who may be experiencing issue. Yes, I am asking you to donate your time. The same donation I made while writing this so you could root your phone

    Thanks:
    gbhil - as always thanks, you rock rainman lol.
    - Without your exploit many phones would not be rooted today.
    iamlilysdad - for making the walkthrough video and sticking around and providing so much support for new users during this process.
    thank you
  6. #331  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    i have a optimus s that was flashed to cricket. will this remove the flash?
  7. #332  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    Thanks! 10char
  8. #333  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    Thanks for this.
  9. #334  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    Thanks for the detailed instructions ^_^ Hopefully I can get it to work.
  10. #335  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    I just obtained a manual version of the LG update for the Optimus T (t-mobile). Has anyone used this and tried to root with this process or vis-a-versa?
  11. #336  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    thanks a lot for the how to directions
  12. #337  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    Thanks a lot, let's see if I can make this work ^^
  13. #338  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    I've made it to Step 4 - ./rageagainstthecage - only to receive an error: device not found - when trying to access adb shell. Was unable to redo from beginning of step 4 w/o restating my computer. Used copy text method as suggested....

    Any suggestions?
  14. #339  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    Thank you!
  15. #340  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    Wow, THx! This is sooooo cool =)
  16. #341  
    mike12489's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    This is extremely helpful. My Optimus T can hardly run Angry Birds because of the ads and memory management so rooting it is going to make it a ton better. Thanks a lot!
    mz28yo likes this.
  17. #342  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    WARNING - This is a cat and mouse game we play with manufacturers. I guarantee you an update will come from LG that patches this exploit and will prevent people from rooting. It will also close your root access if you've already rooted using this method. Long story short, NEVER ACCEPT OTA UPDATES FROM THE CARRIER OR MANUFACTURER.

    Notice: There is now an application available called z4root which roots your phone using the same method detailed below. This has been confirmed to work on the Optimus line. Click THIS for more information. I feel the knowledge gained by doing this process yourself rather than a 1-click method will prove to be invaluable down the road if/when you encounter any issues but either way works.

    For those who learn visually, iamlilysdad has put together an awesome walkthrough video of this process which you can find

    What You'll Need:
    - Sun JRE,
    - The Android SDK, . Install this on the root of your computer so the path is C:/android
    - Drivers for the LG phone installed on your computer. Instructions can be FOUND HERE courtesy of our favorite android hacker, modder, developer, blogger (jack of all trades) gbhil
    - And the file I have attached to this post. Download it, unzip it, and put the 3 files inside in your android-sdk-windows\tools folder created from installing the SDK.

    /\You need to have installed/done all of the stuff in the "what you'll need" section. From this point on I'll assume you've done that./\

    Ready?:
    Step 1: Plug your phone into your PC with the USB cable.

    Step 2: Make sure the phone is charge only (don't mount as USB drive) and USB debugging is enabled. Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > check mark USB debugging

    Step 3: Launch the SDK manager, should be something like C:/Android-sdk-windows SDK Manager

    Step 4: Open a CMD window and type the following:
    cd c:\wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is (mine for example is C:\android\tools however in the new SDK the correct directory would be "Platform Tools", and not just "tools". See what you have on your directory)
    adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
    adb push su /data/local/tmp/
    adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/
    adb shell
    chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
    chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/busybox
    cd /data/local/tmp
    ./rageagainstthecage (let things sit a couple minutes (2), your phone will disconnect from the computer and you'll be removed from your ADB session)
    adb shell This should return a "#" symbol instead of a "$" symbol. If it does you're good. If not go back and start from the beginning of step 4
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    cd /data/local/tmp
    ./busybox cp su /system/bin
    ./busybox cp busybox /system/bin
    cd /system/bin
    chmod 4755 su
    chmod 4755 busybox
    busybox --install /system/bin
    exit
    exit

    If you get to this step "busybox --install /system/bin" you get an error, do this:

    4-A) Download superuser (free) from chainsDD in the market (this is step 5 below)
    4-B) Download titanium backup (free) in the market
    4-C) Launch titanium. You should get a request to give it root permissions select always allow. Now in titanium, hit the "problems" button and let it install busybox
    4-D) Reboot phone and enjoy

    Some phones are having a problem on that step while others are not.

    Step 5: Go to the android market on your phone and download "Superuser"(free). The developer will be listed as ChainsDD.

    Donations:
    What I ask is, if this helps you root, please watch this thread and help someone who may be experiencing issue. Yes, I am asking you to donate your time. The same donation I made while writing this so you could root your phone

    Thanks:
    gbhil - as always thanks, you rock rainman lol.
    - Without your exploit many phones would not be rooted today.
    iamlilysdad - for making the walkthrough video and sticking around and providing so much support for new users during this process.
    Thanks for this post
  18. #343  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    Thanks for this post. Very helpful.
  19. #344  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    Prerequisites: Android-SDK and its requirements installed; local copy of su, Superuser.apk (preferably under the "tools" directory); "USB debugging" checked under Settings->Applications->Development

    NOTE: path can be \tools\ or \platform-tools\ depending on your version of the sdk

    *****CONNECT PHONE TO COMPUTER WITH USB CABLE*****

    C:\android-sdk\tools\adb shell
    $ echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf

    *****MANUALLY REBOOT DEVICE*****

    C:\android-sdk\tools\adb shell
    # mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    # exit
    C:\android-sdk\tools\adb push Superuser.apk /system/app
    C:\android-sdk\tools\adb push su /system/bin
    C:\android-sdk\tools\adb shell
    # chmod 755 /system/app/Superuser.apk
    # chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
    # cd /system/xbin
    # ln -s /system/bin/su su
    # reboot

    Now go to the Market and download BusyBox Stephen (Stericson), use it to install busybox, uninstall the installer app.
    Last edited by mar11974; 07-09-2011 at 07:09 PM.
    Thanked by:
    MarkaRagnos likes this.
  20. #345  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    whats all these thanks about?? it is not working......
    got stuck at "device not found as everybody else
    I would really appreciate some help here..
  21. #346  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    Quote Originally Posted by voilentnerd View Post
    whats all these thanks about?? it is not working......
    got stuck at "device not found as everybody else
    I would really appreciate some help here..
    Did you try the method I posted? LG included root access in the system:
    $ echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
    This provides temporary root access via ADB,
    And all we are doing is making it permanent.
  22. #347  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    So why can't I download the .zip file?
  23. #348  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    Every time I get to the "adb shell" prompt that should yield a # I get a device not found return. Then once I try to go back and push the files again, it gives me the device not found error. Any thoughts? In order for me to try again, I'm having to System Restore and re-download all the programs and drivers that I need. Then all of the prompts work fine until the "adb shell" prompt.
  24. #349  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Every time I get to the "adb shell" prompt that should yield a # I get a device not found return. Then once I try to go back and push the files again, it gives me the device not found error. Any thoughts? In order for me to try again, I'm having to System Restore and re-download all the programs and drivers that I need. Then all of the prompts work fine until the "adb shell" prompt.
    I got the very same thing! For hours I was trying different variations with the manual "push" system. It just didn't work at all for my build. I have Software Version: LG-P509-v10 . Build number: FRF91 . While all the LG Optimus T phones run Android 2.2 they are not all the same software version, and every one is subject to OTA updates which may change the software periodically (frustrating!).

    What worked for my particular setup was GingerBreak v1.2 . I found it on another forum. Search it, read the instructions, follow exactly. Within a minute mine was rebooting. Five minutes later it loaded a completely rooted phone!

    I haven't read any forum rules yet (new), so I don't know how appropriate it is to attach files from another forum, or post a hyperlink to the thread. Good luck, and let me know if I can do anything more to help.
  25. #350  

    Default Re: [How-To] Root LG Optimus T

    every time i go to enter the second adb shell it gives me an error instead of a #. what am i doing wrong i am copy and pasting everything correctly wtf man
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B