H instead of 3G symbol?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody else noticed that sometimes they will have an H instead of a 3G symbol in the signal strength meter?

I have and my understanding is that it's for HSPA+ (this info comes from t-mobile tech support). The Optimus T doesn't support HSPA+, but i've seen the H more than once is the same geographic area. Also, HSPA+ hasn't been officially rolled out in those areas.

I had to call tech support about my girlfriends phone (a mytouch slide) and when I told them my phone has shown me the H more than once they were very surprised and said they would try to duplicate that with there T's, because I'm not supposed to be able to connect to their "4G' network.

EDIT: It was confirmed by friend with the phone that the H does indeed mean HSPA+.

Last edited:

milestide25

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
this would be amazing if we could get the T to operate on the 4G network. I was going to say there's a good chance it stands for the HSPA+, but it seems you are a step ahead of me. I still haven't gotten a 3G connection on my phone yet. I live in Nowhere, Alabama lol.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so. Even when the network is indicating UMTS the phones indicate H. I don't think it necessarily means HSPA+ and I'm pretty sure tmobile tech support doesn't know anything about it.

They really should use a + symbol to indicate that your phone is able to use HSPA+ and that you are also connected to a hspa tower.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie