LG refuses gingerbread for Optimus

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
listen ... bottom line is this. If they think they can keep GB off this device they are dumber than anyone could think. Period. If LG really said this then it's a PR bashing/nightmare waiting to happen to which they will either change their excuse or pump us out some GB.

If they won't do it, the community will.

EDIT - Read the comments. A rep from LG has responded and it appears this may have come from an uninformed LG employee. While they have not committed to bringing GB to the optimus series, one of their reps is certainly in the comments saying they are not, NOT committing to bringing GB.

Last edited:

ppateel

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Engadget has the retraction from LG too. At least there is some hope.

I have a question on that note. Now that LG has actually released the source code, do we really need to depend on LG for further Android upgrades? Once we have a functioning ROM can the community continue to provide upgraded ROMs ? I started reading up on this and am I correct in assuming that the actual device hardware drivers are the main stumbling blocks and once the community has the hardware drivers it is not a problem to create ROMs from the latest Android version ?

On a separate note I was able to root my phone and am in the process of understanding/reading/testing the custom recovery.