[ROM] JoeMomROM v1 & Only-Optimus T

Joeseph Mother

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Since there still hasn't been a rom specifically for the Optimus T yet (even though the optimus one roms work), I figured I'd make one..it wipes data, so backup your apps, and it wipes dalvik-cache, so the first boot will take a while, it'll sit at the lg screen for 40 seconds, and at the flashing android for 3 minutes.

What's been done so far:
Overclock kernel built from drellisdee's source-you need setcpu or overclock widget to enable it
ext2/3/4 removed, debug removed, optimised for the msm7227
tmobile boot animation removed, noatime & nodiratime added to mounts
Game demos, tmobile apps, gmail, facebook, drivesmart and twitter removed
Quick Settings added (for easy wifi tether)
Gingerbread theme & keyboard
3d Gallery from cyanogen
Updated hosts file to block ads
LGHome replaced with Launcher Pro
Deodexed
Built from v10l-wifi calling enabled
Jit & Hardware Acceleration enabled
Dalvik heapsize set to 40
Stagefright disabled (I know it improves quadrant, but it also keeps some videos from playing, and I want everything to work out of the gate)
Probably some other stuff I forget

What is being worked on:
Nothing, I've completely lost interest in this phone.

For screenshots or to download it click here

Thanks to dodgejcr, drellisdee, meatcurtains, inxane, Balian67, vampirefo, nfd77, wwsean08, and rxaaron

Last edited:

robyte

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Didn't work for me. My phone played the opening theme at the LG logo and then just kept looping the TARDIS video with no sound. Had to reboot to recovery and EXTERMINATE the ROM.

Joeseph Mother

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Didn't work for me. My phone played the opening theme at the LG logo and then just kept looping the TARDIS video with no sound. Had to reboot to recovery and EXTERMINATE the ROM.

I should've mentioned, the first boot takes FOREVER...I actually thought the phone had crashed, so I pulled the battery and restored my backup, then looked through the logcat, and it was still booting (it may have something to do with that sound playing while dalvik cache is rebuilding). Every boot after that will be normal though.

el.rafael

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! Could you please give me some instructions on installing this rom? Do I need to put in on sd card root? I am only used to windows phone roms which were much easier! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your work.
Jorge

Joeseph Mother

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! Could you please give me some instructions on installing this rom? Do I need to put in on sd card root? I am only used to windows phone roms which were much easier! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your work.
Jorge

Yes, put it on the root of the sd card, and install it using drellisde's custom recovery, which is a stickied thread at the top of this section.

el.rafael

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
hey so im in custom recovery menu,

I exctracted the BareOptimus.zip to the sd card and I have the origional .zip on the sdcard aswelll.

Do I flash .zip from sdcard to install the rom??

thanks!

Joeseph Mother

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm on that crazy phonebooth in the sky animation, how long does this last? haha :D

It does take a long time on that first boot, that animation may not make it past the beta.

Thanks KSmith, I hadn't tried it myself, I just saw before where someone said a mod had to edit it, so I incorrectly assumed...I need to take the advice I saw on a tshirt before about assuming...

Bad_Opt_T

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Since there still hasn't been a rom specifically for the Optimus T yet (even though the optimus one roms work), I figured I'd make one...this beta is really just for you guys to give me ideas about what else I should include/remove. The first boot will take a long time-it will play a 29 second audio clip while the LG splash screen is on before the boot animation starts, and then clears the data & dalvik cache, so it will take some time to rebuild. Every boot after that should come in at about 40 seconds though.

What's been done so far:
Overclock kernel built from drellisdee's source-you need to download setcpu or overclock widget to use overclock speeds
ext2/3/4 removed, debug removed, optimised for the msm7227
tmobile boot animation removed, noatime & nodiratime added to mounts
Boot animation changed to this: [Boot Animation] Doctor Who 11th Doctor /-thanks Balian67
Game demos and tmobile apps removed
LGHome replaced with Launcher Pro
Deodexed
Built from v10l-wifi calling enabled
Probably some other stuff I forget

What is being worked on:
Theme

So really, I'm just looking for any & all feedback, comments, criticism, and requests.

Oh yeah, you can download it here:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17782392/BareOptimus.zip

Thanks to dodgejcr, drellisdee, meatcurtains, inxane, Balian67, vampirefo, and rxaaron

And could a mod edit the title of this to JoeMomROM beta, someone suggested that and I like it.

Do you have any Linpack/Quadrant scores to go with this Rom? I'm thinking heavily about testing this one out.. I'm currently running the ThundeRom Buildprop Deluxe. Also, Have you noticed any issues with the WiFi Calling feature? I came across this (9th post) and I'm a bit concerned about this feature and how it affects the phone when WiFi is enabled.

Joeseph Mother

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any Linpack/Quadrant scores to go with this Rom? I'm thinking heavily about testing this one out.. I'm currently running the ThundeRom Buildprop Deluxe. Also, Have you noticed any issues with the WiFi Calling feature? I came across this (9th post) and I'm a bit concerned about this feature and how it affects the phone when WiFi is enabled.

I have some scores posted here, but not all phones can do 826mhz, so your results may vary based on your phones ability. As for wifi calling, I've never used it so I can't comment either way.

Bad_Opt_T

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I thank you for the link and the response. I'm only looking to keep the phones I manage running at the 600mhz since they respond as needed at that speed.

Joeseph Mother

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
This rom will actually score lower, because I disabled the stagefright hack, it doesn't bring any performance boost, just falsely inflates quadrant. You could flash the same build.prop deluxe to reenable it if you want to compare scores.