Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default [ROM] JoeMomROM v1 & Only-Optimus T

    Since there still hasn't been a rom specifically for the Optimus T yet (even though the optimus one roms work), I figured I'd make one..it wipes data, so backup your apps, and it wipes dalvik-cache, so the first boot will take a while, it'll sit at the lg screen for 40 seconds, and at the flashing android for 3 minutes.

    What's been done so far:
    Overclock kernel built from drellisdee's source-you need setcpu or overclock widget to enable it
    ext2/3/4 removed, debug removed, optimised for the msm7227
    tmobile boot animation removed, noatime & nodiratime added to mounts
    Game demos, tmobile apps, gmail, facebook, drivesmart and twitter removed
    Quick Settings added (for easy wifi tether)
    Gingerbread theme & keyboard
    3d Gallery from cyanogen
    Updated hosts file to block ads
    LGHome replaced with Launcher Pro
    Deodexed
    Built from v10l-wifi calling enabled
    Jit & Hardware Acceleration enabled
    Dalvik heapsize set to 40
    Stagefright disabled (I know it improves quadrant, but it also keeps some videos from playing, and I want everything to work out of the gate)
    Probably some other stuff I forget

    What is being worked on:
    Nothing, I've completely lost interest in this phone.

    For screenshots or to download it click

    Thanks to dodgejcr, drellisdee, meatcurtains, inxane, Balian67, vampirefo, nfd77, wwsean08, and rxaaron
    Last edited by Joeseph Mother; 01-15-2011 at 01:38 PM.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Didn't work for me. My phone played the opening theme at the LG logo and then just kept looping the TARDIS video with no sound. Had to reboot to recovery and EXTERMINATE the ROM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robyte View Post
    Didn't work for me. My phone played the opening theme at the LG logo and then just kept looping the TARDIS video with no sound. Had to reboot to recovery and EXTERMINATE the ROM.
    I should've mentioned, the first boot takes FOREVER...I actually thought the phone had crashed, so I pulled the battery and restored my backup, then looked through the logcat, and it was still booting (it may have something to do with that sound playing while dalvik cache is rebuilding). Every boot after that will be normal though.
  4. #4  

    Default

    How long should the first boot take?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    How long should the first boot take?
    3+ minutes...I think I may have to remove the boot animation...
  6. #6  

    Default

    Awesome! Could you please give me some instructions on installing this rom? Do I need to put in on sd card root? I am only used to windows phone roms which were much easier! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your work.
    Jorge
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by el.rafael View Post
    Awesome! Could you please give me some instructions on installing this rom? Do I need to put in on sd card root? I am only used to windows phone roms which were much easier! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your work.
    Jorge
    Yes, put it on the root of the sd card, and install it using drellisde's custom recovery, which is a stickied thread at the top of this section.
  8. #8  

    Default

    hey so im in custom recovery menu,

    I exctracted the BareOptimus.zip to the sd card and I have the origional .zip on the sdcard aswelll.

    Do I flash .zip from sdcard to install the rom??

    thanks!
  9. #9  

    Default

    Yeah I'm on that crazy phonebooth in the sky animation, how long does this last? haha
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joeseph Mother View Post
    And could a mod edit the title of this to JoeMomROM beta, someone suggested that and I like it.
    You can change the title of the thread. Edit the first post, click advanced, change the title.

    If you have any issues changing it just PM me.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by el.rafael View Post
    Yeah I'm on that crazy phonebooth in the sky animation, how long does this last? haha
    It does take a long time on that first boot, that animation may not make it past the beta.

    Thanks KSmith, I hadn't tried it myself, I just saw before where someone said a mod had to edit it, so I incorrectly assumed...I need to take the advice I saw on a tshirt before about assuming...
  12. #12  
    Bad_Opt_T's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    ROM
    Devoid Rom

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joeseph Mother View Post
    Since there still hasn't been a rom specifically for the Optimus T yet (even though the optimus one roms work), I figured I'd make one...this beta is really just for you guys to give me ideas about what else I should include/remove. The first boot will take a long time-it will play a 29 second audio clip while the LG splash screen is on before the boot animation starts, and then clears the data & dalvik cache, so it will take some time to rebuild. Every boot after that should come in at about 40 seconds though.

    What's been done so far:
    Overclock kernel built from drellisdee's source-you need to download setcpu or overclock widget to use overclock speeds
    ext2/3/4 removed, debug removed, optimised for the msm7227
    tmobile boot animation removed, noatime & nodiratime added to mounts
    Boot animation changed to this: /-thanks Balian67
    Game demos and tmobile apps removed
    LGHome replaced with Launcher Pro
    Deodexed
    Built from v10l-wifi calling enabled
    Probably some other stuff I forget

    What is being worked on:
    Theme

    So really, I'm just looking for any & all feedback, comments, criticism, and requests.

    Oh yeah, you can download it here:

    Thanks to dodgejcr, drellisdee, meatcurtains, inxane, Balian67, vampirefo, and rxaaron

    And could a mod edit the title of this to JoeMomROM beta, someone suggested that and I like it.
    Do you have any Linpack/Quadrant scores to go with this Rom? I'm thinking heavily about testing this one out.. I'm currently running the ThundeRom Buildprop Deluxe. Also, Have you noticed any issues with the WiFi Calling feature? I came across and I'm a bit concerned about this feature and how it affects the phone when WiFi is enabled.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Opt_T View Post
    Do you have any Linpack/Quadrant scores to go with this Rom? I'm thinking heavily about testing this one out.. I'm currently running the ThundeRom Buildprop Deluxe. Also, Have you noticed any issues with the WiFi Calling feature? I came across and I'm a bit concerned about this feature and how it affects the phone when WiFi is enabled.
    I have some scores posted , but not all phones can do 826mhz, so your results may vary based on your phones ability. As for wifi calling, I've never used it so I can't comment either way.
  14. #14  
    Bad_Opt_T's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    ROM
    Devoid Rom

    Default

    I thank you for the link and the response. I'm only looking to keep the phones I manage running at the 600mhz since they respond as needed at that speed.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default

    This rom will actually score lower, because I disabled the stagefright hack, it doesn't bring any performance boost, just falsely inflates quadrant. You could flash the same build.prop deluxe to reenable it if you want to compare scores.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default

    New version is uploading now.
  17. #17  

    Default

    very good job ... great rom ... clear instruction
    read... done... happy
    thanks a lot
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tula97 View Post
    very good job ... great rom ... clear instruction
    read... done... happy
    thanks a lot
    Glad you like it, if you have any suggestions for it, feel free to make them.
  19. #19  

    Default Jo-Mo-Rom

    The link you posted is dead can you please post a new one.

    Thank you.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sspletts View Post
    The link you posted is dead can you please post a new one.

    Thank you.
    New version is almost done, old version is here:
    Thanked by:
  21. #21  

    Default

    Hi All,

    I'm new to all this and need a little help with the custom rom thing.

    My phone is rooted using Z4root I also have Titanium installed. I also have

    BareOptimus and recovery-RA-GNM-OPT-T-test.img downloaded to my pc.

    Is there any thing else I need before I flash the custom rom. There is the big

    one, I would like a simple step by step tutorial on how to install the custom

    recovery and flash the custom rom. I don't what to screw this up. Thanks in

    advance and Joesph when you get the new version done I would like to try it.

    Scott
  22. #22  

    Default

    how much stagefright hack is bumping the quadrant?
    I overclocked to 750 and have score 500 sound so little comparing to 1000-2000 scores or other phones but everything run so nicely nothing to complain I think this firmware is just about perfect. the next great thing will be to get faster connection from provider and better content for those phones
  23. #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sspletts View Post
    Hi All,

    I'm new to all this and need a little help with the custom rom thing.

    My phone is rooted using Z4root I also have Titanium installed. I also have

    BareOptimus and recovery-RA-GNM-OPT-T-test.img downloaded to my pc.

    Is there any thing else I need before I flash the custom rom. There is the big

    one, I would like a simple step by step tutorial on how to install the custom

    recovery and flash the custom rom. I don't what to screw this up. Thanks in

    advance and Joesph when you get the new version done I would like to try it.

    Scott
    hi Scott you need flash tool go to the optimus S section the link in the first post http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...s-edition.html of this thread there are clean instruction for the whole process for recovery from recovery you can flash bareoptumus.zip
    Last edited by tula97; 01-09-2011 at 05:57 PM.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tula97 View Post
    how much stagefright hack is bumping the quadrant?
    I overclocked to 750 and have score 500 sound so little comparing to 1000-2000 scores or other phones but everything run so nicely nothing to complain I think this firmware is just about perfect. the next great thing will be to get faster connection from provider and better content for those phones
    On my rom, clocked at 806 or 826, I got 1470 quadrant...disabled quadrant, got 640.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default

    Could someone test this please? Everything should be working except for the ticker text color, should sit at lg screen for 40 seconds, then flashing android for 3 minutes, every boot after that should be 40 seconds.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B