[ROM] Ubuntdroid 4 Final-Optimus T

Joeseph Mother

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
We are proud to present to you, Ubuntdroid 4 for the Optimus T. This ROM is the works of one_love_420, dodgejcr, and myself.

This will format your data partition, backup any apps, contacts, and texts before applying.

Includes:
New overclock kernel built from drellisdee's source.
UD boot animation
Awesome UD_black theme by one_love_420
Zeam launcher
Themed FANCY WIDGET made by one_love_420
Transparent Pandora widget
Removed T-Mobile bloatware
Prop editor
Linpack
Quadrant
Connect bot
Quick Settings for wifi tether
Barcode scanner
Gingerbread 2.3 keyboard & Swype
Search button remapped to Call
Black themed facebook by one_love_420
Tmobile startup & shutdown animation removed

optimus.jpg

Pre Requirements:
Must have drellisdee's amon-ra custom recovery

Things to remember:
1.) Always make a backup
2.) First shutdown will force close because of the animation being removed
3.) And its not my fault you didnt listen and bricked you phone

Installing Ubuntdroid
1.) Download UD4
2.) Move to sdcard
3.) Make backup
4.) Flash zip
5.) Enjoy wonderfulness

Changelog:
UD4 Final: Added themed facebook, new kernel, and removed shutdown animation
RC2: Fixed market error, changed the dropdown menu, added Es File Explorer

For support/suggestions or anything else please visit the
home of ubuntdroid

If you like this rom, try our Intercept and Acclaim roms.

Last edited:

michael.ahdett

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed this, for some reason it was impossible to install anything from the market. Things would download just fine, but when it came to installing them, either the entire device would lock up for good, or it would just stop trying to install.

dodgejcr

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed this, for some reason it was impossible to install anything from the market. Things would download just fine, but when it came to installing them, either the entire device would lock up for good, or it would just stop trying to install.

Yeah we had a similar problem with the original ROM for the Intercept. Back up your apps (not data) and wipe your data, then reflash UD and you should be all set. At that point reinstall your apps (do not restore a data backup as it will restore the problem) and your market should be fine

michael.ahdett

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm getting non-stop "Network Error"s when i try to use the market.

edit: and now it's back to locking up again, even after i wiped everything and re-flashed.

Last edited:

Joeseph Mother

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Try using connectbot or adb shell, and type
chmod 755 /data/app
then press enter...I think I left that out of the update-script. Please let me know either way. Thanks.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey, did you guys build the power control in notification bar pull down into the framework or is that part of the Optimus T stock framework? BTW great job! I flashed this on my Optimus S and it worked great.

Joeseph Mother

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey, did you guys build the power control in notification bar pull down into the framework or is that part of the Optimus T stock framework? BTW great job! I flashed this on my Optimus S and it worked great.

They were built in, but if you're interested in adding them, on #samsung-intercept, dodgejcr is trying to add similar controls into the intercept, it looks like a ridiculously difficult project, but he may be able to give you some tips on how to start.

And thanks, I like your rom too.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
They were built in, but if you're interested in adding them, on #samsung-intercept, dodgejcr is trying to add similar controls into the intercept, it looks like a ridiculously difficult project, but he may be able to give you some tips on how to start.

And thanks, I like your rom too.

I looked through your framework-res.apk and noticed that somebody was working on reboot mod in the power menu. If you want I could write up a how to guide to get that working since you already have the images in your framework.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Very cool ROM. Nice work!

Gonna sticky this for a bit so it doesn't get lost in the clutter. Plus i haven't seen any other ROMs directly made for the T (despite the one ROMs working on it).

Last edited:

Joeseph Mother

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
My first sticky, I feel so honored :)

RC2 is out, if fixes the error in the market, changes the colors in the dropdown menu, and adds es file explorer to make it easier to remove the apps you don't want.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Is this the only rom out that has Wifi-Calling? It has been running smoothly so far wit no hicups! Thank you :D

rafa

As i understand it, and know that i cant track every single ROM, but yes. This one is designed specifically for the T (which has wifi calling) while the other ROMs people are running on the T are designed for the One (which doesnt have wifi calling)

Someone step in if im wrong. As i said, i cant track every ROM :p

Bad_Opt_T

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
As i understand it, and know that i cant track every single ROM, but yes. This one is designed specifically for the T (which has wifi calling) while the other ROMs people are running on the T are designed for the One (which doesnt have wifi calling)

Someone step in if im wrong. As i said, i cant track every ROM :p

I believe you are correct about this Rom being the only one running with the wifi calling feature, but I heard about a Rom called Prime and it's based on the 2.2.1 Rom for the Optimus One. I'm not sure if that one includes the wifi for sure.

michael.ahdett

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Also, is there anything I can do to make the wireless button in the drop down menu not appear like it's on? It's not a big deal, but it is darkened as though it's on regardless of whether it actually is or not.

el.rafael

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the search magnifying glass key from recent calls to the dialpad. I noticed that this hardkey no longer searches but directs you to this call menu. I would love to have a dedicated send key :p Thanks for your hard work!

Reactions: jcooper7169