Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes

Question Re: Discussion for - Root, Recovery, and ROm without touching a c

I've been waiting for about 7 Minutes for Z4root to root. Stuck on "Running exploit in order to obtain root access" Well not stuck. I've selected Permanent Root and I'm running 2.2.2 Stock. How long does it usually take? [/SIZE]

Question Re: Discussion for - Root, Recovery, and ROm without touching a c

Quote Originally Posted by frankhilow View Post
    just let you guys know Gingerbreak will work with v10s firmware(android 2.2.2)
    [26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers
    So you're saying this will work on the LG Optimus T with 2.2.2, along with v10S? So can I use GingerBreak as an alternative to z4root? (Right now, z4root hasn't done anything, and I'm willing to give GBreak a try.) Just checking as this is my first time rooting.

Default Re: Discussion for - Root, Recovery, and ROm without touching a c

For 2.2.2 use Gingerbreak, not Zroot

I can upload the "recovery-RA-GNM-OPT-T-test.img" zip file if anyone needs it still. Either post here or P.M. me and I'll upload it to a filelocker.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateCrash View Post
    I can upload the "recovery-RA-GNM-OPT-T-test.img" zip file if anyone needs it still. Either post here or P.M. me and I'll upload it to a filelocker.
    I could definitely use it! Can not find it anywhere on the internet. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateCrash View Post
    Can you please upload this image file again? I can't find it anywhere else. Thank you.

Please send the "recovery-RA-GNM-OPT-T-test.img.zip" link if you have it. Thank you!

recovery-RA-GNM-OPT-T-test.img.zip I need this file. nevermind im going to use recovery-RA-GNM-thunderg-1.1.0.zip.
    Last edited by APKGangster; 03-08-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Default Re: Discussion for - Root, Recovery, and ROm without touching a computer

In STEP 16) Reboot into recovery, you can do this by downloading the free app quick boot, by opening terminal and typing reboot recovery, or by powering off the phone and when the phone is off press and hold (Volume down + Home button + Power) until the recovery screen comes up.

(By Opening Terminal what do you mean? >>>Android Terminal Emulator)?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234