Dead Optimus T

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
This is mostly an FYI that if you run into this the chances are slim and none to recover. So my daughter's optimus died this weekend. No real problems leading up to this. But she hands me the phone and it won't boot. I see the LG boot screen then all four buttons flash continuously. I can get it into emergency mode but the LG update tool can't recover it. I looked at the log and when it reads info from the phone everything is scrambled. So after a few hours of tinkering I called it dead. I've called T-mobile and they're replacing the phone, however if anyone thinks they have a solution I'm open to suggestion.

sami055

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok the same thing happened to me. I used the KDZ Updater tool and it worked like a charm. But I did have to shake it like a motherf***** to get it to recognize my phone.

wibblee

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If you can get into emergency mode, I'll second the KDZ updater. Make sure you have the right drivers and there's a step where you have to disable the LGE modem driver.

I saw that post about shaking the phone. Felt like a fool, but tried it. Didn't work for me.

Don't give up. It took a few tries and a few reboots and a few driver wipes for me, but KDZ is made to work when you get it in emergency mode. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX