Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default need help asap!

sorry if this comes off as being too noobie-like

i want to install a custom recovery, flash a new kernel/rom into my optimusT.

my real question is once i boot up the phone with the newly system, will i have do the "beginning activation" with google again?
    i have no data plan on my device so i'm worried that i won't be able to do so.

help?

Forgive the bleariness; running on very little sleep at the moment.

You will have to do the sign in thing again, but there are ways around it.

Some ROMS let you do this on wifi. I think the Mik's gbread did this. I think the language was "skip this step and do it later" or something. Maybe all cyanogenmod-based ROMs do this.

You can borrow a SIM w/data.
    You can buy a daypass at $1.49 if you get really desperate.
    --
    Inspire 4G / T-mobile PAYGO (no data)
    CyanogenMod 7.x official
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by fratermus View Post
    Forgive the bleariness; running on very little sleep at the moment.

You will have to do the sign in thing again, but there are ways around it.

Some ROMS let you do this on wifi. I think the Mik's gbread did this. I think the language was "skip this step and do it later" or something. Maybe all cyanogenmod-based ROMs do this.

You can borrow a SIM w/data.
    You can buy a daypass at $1.49 if you get really desperate.

thanks for the reply! i guess i should ask the dev of the rom(s) i plan to flash and see if i will be able to go to the wifi menu for activation.

thank you!

you should able to setup wifi when you turn on the wifi before signin your google account(since you setup your google account before) or just bypass google account and setup later on. both works