"Not Enough Memory. Delete Some Items."

kellyannt

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi all!

So far, I've had this phone since April and love it but I just hit my first major issue. I'm trying to access my gallery for some vacation photos I took (on the internal memory) and no matter what I do, it tells me "Not enough memory. Delete some items". So I went through and deleted pretty much every app, internet image and wallpaper I've downloaded in the last 3 months but it's still shooting that message at me. I formatted the SD card from my old phone, put that in and tried to move apps onto it but it says "SD card full". Frustrating! Is there a way to access my gallery again?? THANK YOU!

USB Storage (where my pics are)
----------------------------
Total Space - 1.62 GB
Avail Space - 1.91 MB

Device Memory
Avail Space - 757 MB

SD Card
Total Space - 240 MB
Avail Space - 240 MB

(yet it tells me it's full)

Regards,
Kelly

Dude1134

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried plugging the phone into a computer? Mine has never said "Not Enough Memory. Delete Some Items." But I've only had it for a little over a month and have an 8 gigabyte SD card.

Although it doesn't seem like it would not let you view pictures already on there. Only thing I can suggest is plugging it in to a computer and try from there.

DonTom

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi all!

So far, I've had this phone since April and love it but I just hit my first major issue. I'm trying to access my gallery for some vacation photos I took (on the internal memory) and no matter what I do, it tells me "Not enough memory. Delete some items". So I went through and deleted pretty much every app, internet image and wallpaper I've downloaded in the last 3 months but it's still shooting that message at me. I formatted the SD card from my old phone, put that in and tried to move apps onto it but it says "SD card full". Frustrating! Is there a way to access my gallery again?? THANK YOU!

USB Storage (where my pics are)
Total Space - 1.62 GB
Avail Space - 1.91 MB

Device Memory
Avail Space - 757 MB

SD Card
Total Space - 240 MB
Avail Space - 240 MB

(yet it tells me it's full)

Regards,
Kelly
I have the exact same problem with my Samsung YP-GI1

Hopefully somebody here has the fix!

-Don-

Androidalex39

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have experienced this problem many different times (after multiple times of deleting almost everything) the best solution for me is to clear the RAM and if it still persists then restart the phone and try clearing the RAM again. I hope this helps! :)

chellebeanbell

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate and I have had it since April. I like it quite a bit and this memory problem is the only one I have ever had. I just finished chat with an ATT agent on this problem after searching for two days. Mine began yesterday after using Voice Command for texting for a few hours. I haven't added any music or apps in several days and was able to access Gallery and Music with no problem before using the Voice Command App. The only thing I did was download some pics from Facebook in the last few days. I first noticed I couldn't open my Music. Then I noticed I couldn't access Gallery although I could reach my pics and vids by opening the camera and tapping the small icon for Gallery. In this way, I was able to delete some pictures I didn't want. When this didn't stop the memory error messages, I then deleted every downloaded file I could find, a few apps, cleared a bunch of text messages and cleared Data on yahoo Messenger. Restarted my phone. Didn't work. I then found out I couldn't download pics from the Internet. It said not enough memory. I also couldn't view pics sent as text messages. Same message: Not enough memory. I had 1.25GB of music, about 500MB of pictures and videos, about 10 apps and games I had downloaded from Google Play Store and about a dozen downloaded pictures.

This is what the tech from ATT had me do.

The first thing the tech had me do was go to Settings, Applications, Running and shut down all running apps with the exception of the Settings app, of course, and Google Services and Google Keyboard would not shut down. Without restarting the phone, she had me go to Downloaded apps and one by one clear all data and stop each app. I did that. Again, Google Keyboard wouldn't stop but tech said that was fine. Without restarting the phone, I was again asked to check if Gallery or Music would open. No. I was then asked to go to the Web application, open it, tap on settings (bottom), privacy and security and to clear cache, history, cookies, form data, location access and passwords. We checked available phone memory after I did that. It was about a 100MB greater but still could not access Gallery or Music. Please keep in mind all this was done without restarting the phone. I then uninstalled every app I had ever put on it. (Made my home page quite bare.) I connected phone to computer and moved all of my my pics and vids in the DCIM folder to the computer and every song except one from the Music folder. I was asked to check the Gallery and Music apps again and still got an error.

FINALLY I was asked to restart my phone and when it reloaded I was able to access the Gallery and Music apps. I want to note that when I opened the Gallery, there were many pictures under Camera, several under downloaded, a handful under an app I had deleted called Perfect365, 1 screenshot, and blogger pictures which I have no clue where they came from. These pictures were not in the folders when I connected my phone to the computer. Possibly they are on the SD Card? I have yet to explore that.

Bottom line is all these steps together worked but I am curious as to what part actually did it. I can't help but wonder at what point I could have restarted my phone and it worked.

If you try these steps will you restart your phone after each 'step' and tell us if that worked? I really hope this helps others as it is a frustrating and baffling problem.

Have a good one!

Mohammed AZ

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Have a samsung galaxy camera....

And it wasnt the individually stopping apllications, and resetting
Wasnt moving the files to an SD card or off the camera's storage, and resetting...
Further attempts ....

alycia381

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the same phone and the same problem what i did was go tomy camera andsend pics to my gmail then delete some of them thru the camera once youve deleted enough not many youshould then be able to get in thru the gallery

UncleJuJu71

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
After reading this post I manage to fix my daughters AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket that had same symptoms. What worked for me was first disabling the Gallery app. I then rebooted the phone and she was able to access her Gallery pictures through the Camera app. After she proved that she was able to access the pictures in the Gallery app through the Camera app, I went back into the applications and at the bottom of the list of all apps I found the Gallery app disabled. I then re-enabled the Gallery app. After I did that everything was working correctly, including a music app that was not working previously.

...Moments later after performing the above steps the issue returned! So, I downloaded a file browser (Astro) and deleted all her Screenshots! Most of them she thought she had already deleted! She had what seemed like thousands! After that, everything has been fine for the past 72 hours!

Although the actual memory of the device was not full, I think that there were too many files in the Gallery category folders for the Gallery index to handle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Heath Purser

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Uncle JuJu, thanks a million! I disabled and then re enabled as you said and it worked brilliantly! I was having the same problem on my Note 2, everytime I tried to open my gallery or even see my pix thru the camera or even post to IG, it said to delete some pics or apps. Your suggestion got it up and running again, so thanks a lot!

CluelessGurlee

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea what just happened. I am so CLUELESS! Tried this and my device memory seems somewhat less full. I think... *feeling so lost*

Feeling particularly clueless. Apparently I jumped the gun, TWICE. Apologies to all of those whom actually know what the eff they are doing! *blushes, hiding my face*

I tried this out. No clue what just happened and I guess I jumped the gun without checking current storage info but my device seems less full. I think.... *so lost*

Last edited by a moderator:

nagamonika

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
hi,
jus save your data by connecting your mobile to PC
then reset your device
SEETINGS--> backup and reset --->factory data reset ---> reset--
hope dis will help..