1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Root Samsung Galaxy Ace (s5830)

Hi

The samsung I am using is running out of space so I download SD Maid. Bit it requires it to be rooted. When I get to recover menu I only have the following options:

reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition.

Now I want root the phone so I can use SD made and clear of the stuff that not required for more space to that at least I can receive my text messages. I have gone to a few sites google recommend but to no avail, can't root the phone. Why? Because its looking for that update.zip file (options listed above). Is there some way I can get the software not to look for that file so I can load the universal_gb_root_v25.zip. Just as side note I have mac book pro not a windows machine. Also each time I download the zip file I receive it unzipped from in my downloads folder... Help please. Thanks.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Re: Root Samsung Galaxy Ace (s5830)

Just some feedback from my side. According to this article when I have booted my the Samsumg Galaxy Ace I should have option called "apply update from sdcard". I wish I had that option to be honost. I only have the options I listed in the previous thread:

reboot system now
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition.

NO option that says "apply update from sdcard". So what do I do to get my phone to have root access? Since I don't have the option to apply update from SDCard....

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by JozuaJudah View Post
    Hi

The samsung I am using is running out of space so I download SD Maid. Bit it requires it to be rooted. When I get to recover menu I only have the following options:

reboot system now
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition.

Now I want root the phone so I can use SD made and clear of the stuff that not required for more space to that at least I can receive my text messages. I have gone to a few sites google recommend but to no avail, can't root the phone. Why? Because its looking for that update.zip file (options listed above). Is there some way I can get the software not to look for that file so I can load the universal_gb_root_v25.zip. Just as side note I have mac book pro not a windows machine. Also each time I download the zip file I receive it unzipped from in my downloads folder... Help please. Thanks.
    Hi jozua,

So I don't have your phone , so I don't know exactly the propper steps to take but I have had many samsung phones. Usually when there is a foreign zip file that needs to be flashed in recovery it needs to be flashed in as custom recovery, not the stock recovery. I am going to sleep now but I could probably do some research for you tomorro. But a good place to start would be where you got that file. Could you provide me with a link. And ill investigate it later on today. (I sleep during the day)

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Hi

Sorry for the late reply but I was on holiday and started work again today. If I read your reply correctly you want to know where I got the update.zip file as per your last reply?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I had problems to flash my phone wife's phone but I came right in the end. I just wanted to be able to move all her apps to her SD card to free up internal memory. I donwlaod the SDK for android for mac and followed instructions from this website.

Thanks to all who helped. Eventually I got it sorted.

- - - Updated - - -

I had problems to flash my phone wife's phone but I came right in the end. I just wanted to be able to move all her apps to her SD card to free up internal memory. I donwlaod the SDK for android for mac and followed instructions from this website.

Thanks to all who helped. Eventually I got it sorted.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

How do close this issue it's been resolved?