Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong people, but IMO, Tmobile has the best smartphone plan.

I had a Galaxy S4 a couple months ago, but returned it because it only was the 16gb version. Whereas, ATT and Verizon had the Galaxy S4 in 32gb. But, their plans were way more expensive, IMO. I checked with ATT, and for what I was getting at Tmobile for $70 was costing over a 100.

Right now, with Tmobile, I am getting unlimited everything on my smartphone, free hotspot, and 2.5gb of data for the hotspot, and I can hook up 5 devices to the hotspot. They will have a total of 2.5gb of data combine. Whereas, the others are charging for the hotspot, there plan is not unlimited(I think).. Anyway, glad I waited, Note 3, is a S4 on steroids.. :)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
the only problem i hear about T-Mobile is inconsistent coverage area for both voice and 3G data. this is a dealbreaker for me.

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
They generally have the best price plan wise, but the problem most run into is coverage. If they have great coverage in your town, go for it!

I priced it out last night because I'm thinking of switching. For 2 phones I currently pay $135 on Sprint(1400 mins and unlimited data). If I switched to T-Mobile those same two phones would cost me $108(assuming I didn't pay for the phone up front), with the 500MB of data and $128 if we went for 2.5GB data per phone. AT&T and Verizon were comparable for about $130 with 1 or 2GB share plans. This is with my corporate discounts.

In the end it all comes down to who you want to support with your dollars and what sort of coverage you need. If you don't need extensive coverage, and T-Mobile works in your most common places, it could be a great option for a great price!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile is highly dependent on the area. If it's great in your area, like it is for me, it's the best. It's also the best if you don't travel much.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I priced it out last night because I'm thinking of switching. For 2 phones I currently pay $135 on Sprint(1400 mins and unlimited data). If I switched to T-Mobile those same two phones would cost me $108(assuming I didn't pay for the phone up front), with the 500MB of data and $128 if we went for 2.5GB data per phone. AT&T and Verizon were comparable for about $130 with 1 or 2GB share plans. This is with my corporate discounts.

no, two on T-mobile would be $100 for 2.5GB high speed data (unlimited slow speed data).
two on ATT would be $135 if you share 1GB data, &145 if you share 2GB data.

If you consider the phone installment fee, TMobile's phone will be (710-299)x2 more expensive.

In two years, Tmo will only save you $150. Now, if you keep the hone beyond 2 years, you will save much more on Tmo, about $500 a year.

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I was paying $120.00 on ATT for 3 GB of data. T-Mobile is $70 for unlimited high speed data. I'm in S. FL coverage is great. T-Mobile is my best choice.......

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I was paying $120.00 on ATT for 3 GB of data. T-Mobile is $70 for unlimited high speed data. I'm in S. FL coverage is great. T-Mobile is my best choice.......

We are in the same boat.. Single line, we got the 50-20 ($50 plan $20 Unlimited everything) I am in Maryland.. Coverage is great..Also with OUR plan (50+20), we can turn on our hotspot for up to 5 devices, and get a whopping 2.5gb combined for those 5 devices.. No extra charge.. I think there is a $10 for 1 or 2 more gb.

raul.man

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have T-Mobile in the Phoenix area. I work in chandler and have great speed on Lte. I live in the outskirts of mesa and still have 4G speeds.

Posted via Android Central App

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I just switched to T-mobile and so far I love it because I have unlimited everything for a cheap price that the other carriers can't match. It's my first experience with them and it has been a positive one so far. Plus, I get to upgrade every six months.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I just switched to T-mobile and so far I love it because I have unlimited everything for a cheap price that the other carriers can't match. It's my first experience with them and it has been a positive one so far. Plus, I get to upgrade every six months.

Yup, I banged on the upgrade thing too. The insurance for the Note 3 was something like $8 monthly, and the upgrade is an extra $2.. Even though I am newbie, and really don't know JACK about my Galaxy Gear and Note 3, when they come with an S5 or Note 4 to top this Note 3, I am one it like hot on rice.. :D

I wonder if the upgrade applies to the Galaxy Gear too. Anyway, as we all can see, if the coverage is there, Tmobile is the best deal out there..

The SPCS Guy

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
yeah man, I just switched from Sprint yesterday. I am beyong thrilled with my servie and my new Galaxy note 3! Baddest device out there.

OKATVRIDER

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I has tmobile for 9 years....moved to Florida and was on edge constantly so had to switch to Verizon :(...I miss my unlimited everything and only paid $83 monthly..... was able to have unlimited data which was amazing....now I pay like $110-120 for Verizon a month with 4GB of date.....uggghhhhh

Posted via Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I got that upgrade option too. They added $2 monthly to my $8 monthly insurance and told me the $2 takes care of the upgrade option.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty cool. Thanks. I'm on Verizon but I am switching to T-Mobile soon. According to the calculator, I'll save $60/month. Not counting my discount.

Posted with my S4 via Android Central App

if you primarily stay in the TMo coverage area, you can try prepaid plans. They offer almost same benefits, and you don't need to pay tax and fees, which may amount to $5-10 each month.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I agree the planes are amazing but they do have some shady things going on. I just got T-mobile a few days ago and got in a huge argument with them about what the $300 deposit was for when I was paying in full. They eventually told me it was for service and I can get it back if I pay my bill every month for the next 12 months. I told them "its bull, you don't get deposits when you pay in full, whats the point of saying no contracts if you charge people $300 just for signing up and I can't cancel without loosing my $300". After an hour over the phone with them, they started to feel bad because It's obviously bull**** and they know it, and I am to smart to listen to them spin that sales pitch so they finally just said "$50 deposit is the best I can give you and thats without looking at credit" So I eventually took the $50 deposit fee and love the service. It gets spotty in doors in my town, but wifi calling is like a magic fix. (I know I don't have like any credit but I believe if you can't afford it, put down the effin credit card and start saving your money for it) That hurts me in the credit department but I hate how being good with money but doesn't borrow any money (no credit cards) means you can't be financially trusted.

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I agree the planes are amazing but they do have some shady things going on. I just got T-mobile a few days ago and got in a huge argument with them about what the $300 deposit was for when I was paying in full. They eventually told me it was for service and I can get it back if I pay my bill every month for the next 12 months.
You should build your credit. A lot of credit card companies won't charge you interest if you pay in full each month.

Remember thou, That cost of T-Mobile isn't including the device charge. If you pay for your phone in full price than that is what you will pay as stated a few post above me. So if you phone is zero down and it cost $600, you are looking at about a $25 added to your bill for 24 months.

Still cheaper than the rest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome