Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 78
Like Tree22Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Correct me if I am wrong people, but IMO, Tmobile has the best smartphone plan.

    I had a Galaxy S4 a couple months ago, but returned it because it only was the 16gb version. Whereas, ATT and Verizon had the Galaxy S4 in 32gb. But, their plans were way more expensive, IMO. I checked with ATT, and for what I was getting at Tmobile for $70 was costing over a 100.

    Right now, with Tmobile, I am getting unlimited everything on my smartphone, free hotspot, and 2.5gb of data for the hotspot, and I can hook up 5 devices to the hotspot. They will have a total of 2.5gb of data combine. Whereas, the others are charging for the hotspot, there plan is not unlimited(I think).. Anyway, glad I waited, Note 3, is a S4 on steroids..
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu and boudicca00 like this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    the only problem i hear about T-Mobile is inconsistent coverage area for both voice and 3G data. this is a dealbreaker for me.
    rdubmu likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    If tmobile works where you work and live, it's a no Brainer .

    Note 3 <Caesars>
    rdubmu likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    They generally have the best price plan wise, but the problem most run into is coverage. If they have great coverage in your town, go for it!

    I priced it out last night because I'm thinking of switching. For 2 phones I currently pay $135 on Sprint(1400 mins and unlimited data). If I switched to T-Mobile those same two phones would cost me $108(assuming I didn't pay for the phone up front), with the 500MB of data and $128 if we went for 2.5GB data per phone. AT&T and Verizon were comparable for about $130 with 1 or 2GB share plans. This is with my corporate discounts.

    In the end it all comes down to who you want to support with your dollars and what sort of coverage you need. If you don't need extensive coverage, and T-Mobile works in your most common places, it could be a great option for a great price!
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    T-Mobile is highly dependent on the area. If it's great in your area, like it is for me, it's the best. It's also the best if you don't travel much.


    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Quote Originally Posted by breakingpoint0 View Post
    I priced it out last night because I'm thinking of switching. For 2 phones I currently pay $135 on Sprint(1400 mins and unlimited data). If I switched to T-Mobile those same two phones would cost me $108(assuming I didn't pay for the phone up front), with the 500MB of data and $128 if we went for 2.5GB data per phone. AT&T and Verizon were comparable for about $130 with 1 or 2GB share plans. This is with my corporate discounts.
    no, two on T-mobile would be $100 for 2.5GB high speed data (unlimited slow speed data).
    two on ATT would be $135 if you share 1GB data, &145 if you share 2GB data.

    If you consider the phone installment fee, TMobile's phone will be (710-299)x2 more expensive.

    In two years, Tmo will only save you $150. Now, if you keep the hone beyond 2 years, you will save much more on Tmo, about $500 a year.
    ashley2180 likes this.
  7. #7  
    floridarick's Avatar

    Posts
    106 Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    I was paying $120.00 on ATT for 3 GB of data. T-Mobile is $70 for unlimited high speed data. I'm in S. FL coverage is great. T-Mobile is my best choice.......
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Quote Originally Posted by floridarick View Post
    I was paying $120.00 on ATT for 3 GB of data. T-Mobile is $70 for unlimited high speed data. I'm in S. FL coverage is great. T-Mobile is my best choice.......
    We are in the same boat.. Single line, we got the 50-20 ($50 plan $20 Unlimited everything) I am in Maryland.. Coverage is great..Also with OUR plan (50+20), we can turn on our hotspot for up to 5 devices, and get a whopping 2.5gb combined for those 5 devices.. No extra charge.. I think there is a $10 for 1 or 2 more gb.
    floridarick likes this.
  9. #9  
    raul.man's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    I have T-Mobile in the Phoenix area. I work in chandler and have great speed on Lte. I live in the outskirts of mesa and still have 4G speeds.

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    I just switched to T-mobile and so far I love it because I have unlimited everything for a cheap price that the other carriers can't match. It's my first experience with them and it has been a positive one so far. Plus, I get to upgrade every six months.

    Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
    Thanked by 4:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I just switched to T-mobile and so far I love it because I have unlimited everything for a cheap price that the other carriers can't match. It's my first experience with them and it has been a positive one so far. Plus, I get to upgrade every six months.

    Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
    Yup, I banged on the upgrade thing too. The insurance for the Note 3 was something like $8 monthly, and the upgrade is an extra $2.. Even though I am newbie, and really don't know JACK about my Galaxy Gear and Note 3, when they come with an S5 or Note 4 to top this Note 3, I am one it like hot on rice..

    I wonder if the upgrade applies to the Galaxy Gear too. Anyway, as we all can see, if the coverage is there, Tmobile is the best deal out there..
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    yeah man, I just switched from Sprint yesterday. I am beyong thrilled with my servie and my new Galaxy note 3! Baddest device out there.
    Ni Hammad likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Handy Dandy WSJ Mobile Phone Cost Calculator

    WSJ's Wireless Savings Calculator - WSJ.com

    ...just adjust for any corporate discounts
    Thanked by 3:
    The SPCS Guy likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    I has tmobile for 9 years....moved to Florida and was on edge constantly so had to switch to Verizon ...I miss my unlimited everything and only paid $83 monthly..... was able to have unlimited data which was amazing....now I pay like $110-120 for Verizon a month with 4GB of date.....uggghhhhh

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I just switched to T-mobile and so far I love it because I have unlimited everything for a cheap price that the other carriers can't match. It's my first experience with them and it has been a positive one so far. Plus, I get to upgrade every six months.

    Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
    I got that upgrade option too. They added $2 monthly to my $8 monthly insurance and told me the $2 takes care of the upgrade option.
  16. #16  
    eRod v1.0's Avatar

    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    512 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Quote Originally Posted by AZBrowncoat View Post
    Handy Dandy WSJ Mobile Phone Cost Calculator

    WSJ's Wireless Savings Calculator - WSJ.com

    ...just adjust for any corporate discounts
    That's pretty cool. Thanks. I'm on Verizon but I am switching to T-Mobile soon. According to the calculator, I'll save $60/month. Not counting my discount.

    Posted with my S4 via Android Central App
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Quote Originally Posted by eRod v1.0 View Post
    That's pretty cool. Thanks. I'm on Verizon but I am switching to T-Mobile soon. According to the calculator, I'll save $60/month. Not counting my discount.

    Posted with my S4 via Android Central App
    if you primarily stay in the TMo coverage area, you can try prepaid plans. They offer almost same benefits, and you don't need to pay tax and fees, which may amount to $5-10 each month.
  18. #18  
    xravishx's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Don't forget that with Jump! program you also get Lookout premium included. Nice bonus.

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    The SPCS Guy likes this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Hmm, I agree the planes are amazing but they do have some shady things going on. I just got T-mobile a few days ago and got in a huge argument with them about what the $300 deposit was for when I was paying in full. They eventually told me it was for service and I can get it back if I pay my bill every month for the next 12 months. I told them "its bull, you don't get deposits when you pay in full, whats the point of saying no contracts if you charge people $300 just for signing up and I can't cancel without loosing my $300". After an hour over the phone with them, they started to feel bad because It's obviously bull**** and they know it, and I am to smart to listen to them spin that sales pitch so they finally just said "$50 deposit is the best I can give you and thats without looking at credit" So I eventually took the $50 deposit fee and love the service. It gets spotty in doors in my town, but wifi calling is like a magic fix. (I know I don't have like any credit but I believe if you can't afford it, put down the effin credit card and start saving your money for it) That hurts me in the credit department but I hate how being good with money but doesn't borrow any money (no credit cards) means you can't be financially trusted.
    Thanked by 2:
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    Hmm, I agree the planes are amazing but they do have some shady things going on. I just got T-mobile a few days ago and got in a huge argument with them about what the $300 deposit was for when I was paying in full. They eventually told me it was for service and I can get it back if I pay my bill every month for the next 12 months.
    You should build your credit. A lot of credit card companies won't charge you interest if you pay in full each month.

    Remember thou, That cost of T-Mobile isn't including the device charge. If you pay for your phone in full price than that is what you will pay as stated a few post above me. So if you phone is zero down and it cost $600, you are looking at about a $25 added to your bill for 24 months.

    Still cheaper than the rest.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    You should build your credit. A lot of credit card companies won't charge you interest if you pay in full each month.

    Remember thou, That cost of T-Mobile isn't including the device charge. If you pay for your phone in full price than that is what you will pay as stated a few post above me. So if you phone is zero down and it cost $600, you are looking at about a $25 added to your bill for 24 months.

    Still cheaper than the rest.
    I just believe if you say no contracts and I pay full price for the phone and I pay my bill I shouldn't have to pay a deposit on a non tangible object such as a plan. you have to pay for your plan before you can use it in the first place so It's no like I have any way to rip them off. I know I should build my credit I just don't believe in the way our society dictates how credit is determined
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    I just believe if you say no contracts and I pay full price for the phone and I pay my bill I shouldn't have to pay a deposit on a non tangible object such as a plan. you have to pay for your plan before you can use it in the first place so It's no like I have any way to rip them off. I know I should build my credit I just don't believe in the way our society dictates how credit is determined
    I agree with your point. It is a post plan account. I would suggest going prepaid with T-Mobile than there isn't a deposit. Doing post-paid requires a credit check because you are using the service before paying for it..

    I think one month of service would be reasonable for a deposit but not $300

    Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    I agree with your point. It is a post plan account. I would suggest going prepaid with T-Mobile than there isn't a deposit. Doing post-paid requires a credit check because you are using the service before paying for it..

    I think one month of service would be reasonable for a deposit but not $300

    Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    Prepaid doesn't have the $70 unlimited everything with 2.5gb hot spot data. I was also told if I order prepaid the Galaxy note 3 would have been $100 more. I was trying to get that pre paid 5gb data unlimited text, 100 min of talk but they wouldn't let me get the note 3 with that. Im glad I didn't cause the Note 3 just guzzles data. From my magazine, to tons of widgets, and multi window it would have sucked to get bumped down to 2g after hitting my 5gb cap
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    Hmm, I agree the planes are amazing but they do have some shady things going on. I just got T-mobile a few days ago and got in a huge argument with them about what the $300 deposit was for when I was paying in full. They eventually told me it was for service and I can get it back if I pay my bill every month for the next 12 months. I told them "its bull, you don't get deposits when you pay in full, whats the point of saying no contracts if you charge people $300 just for signing up and I can't cancel without loosing my $300". After an hour over the phone with them, they started to feel bad because It's obviously bull**** and they know it, and I am to smart to listen to them spin that sales pitch so they finally just said "$50 deposit is the best I can give you and thats without looking at credit" So I eventually took the $50 deposit fee and love the service. It gets spotty in doors in my town, but wifi calling is like a magic fix. (I know I don't have like any credit but I believe if you can't afford it, put down the effin credit card and start saving your money for it) That hurts me in the credit department but I hate how being good with money but doesn't borrow any money (no credit cards) means you can't be financially trusted.
    They told me $50 deposit, and I get the $50 back in a year. I purchased my phone outright.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default Re: Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lietz View Post
    Prepaid doesn't have the $70 unlimited everything with 2.5gb hot spot data. I was also told if I order prepaid the Galaxy note 3 would have been $100 more. I was trying to get that pre paid 5gb data unlimited text, 100 min of talk but they wouldn't let me get the note 3 with that. Im glad I didn't cause the Note 3 just guzzles data. From my magazine, to tons of widgets, and multi window it would have sucked to get bumped down to 2g after hitting my 5gb cap
    Well, I must have the one where you have the unlimited data, and 2.5 gb hotspot and up to 5 devices. Because that is what I told them I wanted..That is the 50+20...I get a 15% discount off of that too.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. T-Mobile Speed Tests with the Note 3
    By Almeuit in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 12:18 PM
  2. help rooting the zte awe
    By Raul T Serna in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2013, 09:37 PM
  3. Did you see the new Pulse update??
    By wickets in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 08:35 AM
  4. QWERTY Android in the UK. Droid 5? NEC Terrain?
    By mmmark in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 12:08 PM

Posting Permissions