Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Note 3 shutting off and turning on by it self

Just got my note this Sat now it turns on and restrart by it self anyone know wh

Default Re: Note 3 shutting off and turning on by it self

Quote Originally Posted by transpo03 View Post
    Just got my note this Sat now it turns on and restrart by it self anyone know wh
    do a reboot first, if problem persist, try a hard reset

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

not normal behavior, if you end of doing a hard reset (hope you dont have too) add apps back one a day or so, until you find the offending app

Surely not enough information given to provide an answer.

Without much information the only thing I can suggest is to do a battery pull and see if that helps
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Here is an update with more information my note3 will lock up i will get differnt messages from touch wiz not working to samsung keyboard not working then the screen goes black and then it restarts. I have master reset set the phone cleared the data and cashe also so i am lost now

i had the same problem I just charged it.

If the problem persists after fully charging, battery pull, and then factory reset, you could have a defective unit and may need to exchange it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Need more help I have charged it reset this in have gone 1 week with no problems then this weekend in tried to down load Google Earth and got an error message 24 now we are starting the turn off in middle of calls text it is a pain any ideas

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

ROM
    stock

Definitely not normal behavior for the note3, I would look into a replacement......
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Thank you to all after this morning with the screen of death i did get it replace

I seem to have it figured out. I bought a clone Note 3 back in December 2013. Worked just great, until April 2014, when it started doing the random shut off/reboot and I thought I was because of the clone, and then I read that regular Note 3s were doing this too. So I did the hard reset: did not fix it. Thus, I removed the back cover, and when comparing with online pictures, I realized that one of the little screws were missing. I took a little screw from another location and put it in where one was missing: it fitted. Thus, for some reason the screw got loose and fell off, or maybe it was not there in the first place ... anyway. Then, I decided to check if all the other screws were tight, so I checked each one of them and some of them indeed were somewhat loose (particularly the one in the top left corner). I tighten them all with an adequate small-size Phillips screwdriver, not too tight though because I did not want to mess up the plastic thread. I used the phone long enough after that to conclude that it was now working just fine and not shutting off/freezing/buzzing/restarting randomly.

BOTTOM LINE: Solution is to remove the back cover and tighten all the visible screws in the back of the phone.

UPDATE: Phone is actually still freezing/re-booting/buzzing. Phone became useless. It must be a bad phone ....

Oh wow!!! I have a real note 3 it worked just fine, until my stupid *** went and did a kitkat update. Now, it freezes, laggs, shuts off on me. Smh

Sent from my SM-N900 using AC Forums mobile app