Samsung Note 3 charging issues

ginninja

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Same issue. Started about a week ago. Left phone to charge over night, kept hearing the vibe switch on and off woke up to find it had only charged to 35% from 20%. ? Now seems to glitch out frequently, while the phone is completely stationary? Very difficult to get it 100%.

Angi Matson

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. I plug in the charger that came with phone. As of this week I plug it in, the phone indicates its charging however after a minute it vibrates again and the phone indicates that its not charging. Like I pulled out the charger. I turned the pgone off and plugged the charger in and it charges just fine. Rather perplexing

Posted via Android Central App

Raymond Law

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I am on my 2nd Samsung Note 3 and this one now having issues with recharging. Lightning bolt shows it's charging but never charges. This one is only 6-7 weeks old. The first one would power down by itself and eventually the screen never came back on even though the phone was on and I could hear the sounds when using the touch screen. I am not happy with this phone at all. I am thinking it's time to go back to the IPhone :(

Keri Lee

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have this exact issue! Just started over night, it will charge very slow if I plug it in the computer. I, too, believe its time to go back to my iPhone!

Jamey Schwoyer

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I thought I would share this with everyone on this thread. I had issues when I first got my note 3, all the same charging issues you all have had. I found a high quality USB 3.0 cable solved all my problems. Also, on the cable that came with the phone, I applied a small amount of pressure on the metal casing (opposite of the gold charging connectors) and bent it in slightly, just enough to apply more pressure to the connectors. Works like a champ, battery power increases, even while using it while it's charging.

mmague

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I just had this problem yesterday. When I plug my note 3 to the charger that I got along with the phone it does not charge at all. When I turn off the phone and plug the charger it charges but it vibrates and switches from the first screen to the second and again to the first screen to the second screen over and over again through the charging process, the first screen with a battery and a circle (when something is loading) in the middle and the second screen with the battery showing how much the battery has been charged. When the phone is on and when I am browsing, watching netflix or watching youtube it does not charge when I plug in the charger. I have even used another charger the USB 2.0 for s2-s4 and they have worked before on my note 3 but that doesn't work either. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong with. I am thinking about taking it down to T-mobile and getting it checked out.

I was just informed by Samsung that the cables that they used to ship with were faulty

Posted via Android Central App

Ivan Sharov

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I have Galaxy Note 2 and experienced the same problem. Tried to reset it to factory settings and it helped for a while but then it stopped charging again.
I have bought brand new battery and genuine samsung charger to make sure that they are working fine.
I also tried to repair my phone, but they said in the service shop that they checked the charging port and it appeared to have no issues.
I have paid 650 $ 18 months ago and now I don't have a phone anymore. It was purchased off Ebay and it was international version, I called Samsung service centre in Australia and have been told that I am not eligible for any support from Samsung.

I am really ANGRY and dissapointed. Samsung - YOU SUCK. I will never ever buy any crappy samsung products

jvac99

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
HOLY MOLY! Anyone who is still having this issue should check the following link: https://plus.google.com/+shahadaabubakar/posts/WiMLRGjdsSA
I just did so and the problem is completely fixed. I was about to lose my mind because this is a brand new Note 3 and after 2 days it wouldn't charge. In case the link doesn't work basically it tells you to use a soft brush or similar to clean the charging port on the phone. It's corrosion or gunk that's clogging up the contacts and preventing proper flow of electrical current. If you use the 'Galaxy Charging Current' app you may see that your current is <1000ma. If you've properly cleaned the charging port you should see higher than that after. My Note 3 showed 1000 before and 1800ma after cleaning.

wbyrdsen

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
When I bought this phone back in December of 2013 I've experienced the exact same issue. At first I thought that the phone was faulty and I sent it back. I've done everything to try and fix the issue. I factory reset it. I began Uninstalling EVERYTHING I even was about to root the phone. I sent it back to Sprint repair service and they said there was nothing wrong with it and when they plugged it in the charger they were using it actually began charging. What I noticed was that they were using a universal micro charger the same kind that comes with versions like the S3 and S4. The Note 3 has a separate slot to plug this in that I didn't notice. Since then I haven't had any charging issues PERIOD. It seems the factory cable that came with the phone is very faulty. When I first Google'd the issue there wasn't a forum to even reply to. I would suggest not using the factory cable that came with the phone IT JUST DOES NOT WORK, TRUST ME. I've been using a universal micro cable ever since and haven't had the issue at all. Try it and it will work. Throw away that garbage factory cable it's trash.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
After replacing the cord twice, I'm now noticing minor charging issues while using the 2.0. I'm using my Note 2's old charger. I've tried three of them and still sometimes, It won't charge right unless I place it at a certain angle. I'm going to have a blast fighting with Samsung, I tripped Knox. However, Since it's hardware failure and not software related, I think It should be honored.

tallykings

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi

have had note 3 for about 6 months, plugged up to oem charger and got error mssg not a compatible charger, please connect oem charger, wth? I tried several micro usb cables also not charging and will not connect to my computer, called VZ and they said it appeared I had a bad charging port on the phone, they are overnighting a new phone but I will buy a wireless charging back and I will be very careful in connecting any cable.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
They keep refusing me warranty work on the port because I tripped Knox. I'm wanting to be more aggressive, it's just a headache.

?Sent from space using Tapatalk.?

mrminer

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Same problem stops and starts charging for no apparent reason. Samsung sent me new cable 3 weeks same problem. USB2 works fine. Samsung sent another shipping lable to exchange. I coiled the cable to get ready to ship it and the charger works 95% of the time. Maybe it just keeps it aligned better or it's an electrical phenom. I even tried putting one of those cylinders of metal you find on many electronic device cords. Still watching......

Kizuri63

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Good news all! My husband and I have the same Galaxy Note 3 charger and were told that the older chargers will work, also. Use the same connection where you're currently inserting the charger, however it's the right side of the AC connector on the bottom of the phone. It charges fast, too.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You know it is odd, I have noticed a lot of "strange problem" threads on the Note 3, generally started by a new person, with a lot of new people, first post and they never post anywhere again, or maybe do 2 to 3 posts.

In fact, so far, every thread I have seen with these weird problems, including this one, are just the same way. Just scroll through and look at posts counts on this thread. It's just odd..

Last edited:

Audrey Porter

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6 week old note 3 that my usb charger is not working properly on...
This cord is not one that is easily found in retail so hoping that att will give me a new one ...
Too soon to have problems with such an expensive phone which I love love love. just need it to charge