Samsung Note 3 charging issues

almaknojia

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just had this problem yesterday. When I plug my note 3 to the charger that I got along with the phone it does not charge at all. When I turn off the phone and plug the charger it charges but it vibrates and switches from the first screen to the second and again to the first screen to the second screen over and over again through the charging process, the first screen with a battery and a circle (when something is loading) in the middle and the second screen with the battery showing how much the battery has been charged. When the phone is on and when I am browsing, watching netflix or watching youtube it does not charge when I plug in the charger. I have even used another charger the USB 2.0 for s2-s4 and they have worked before on my note 3 but that doesn't work either. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong with. I am thinking about taking it down to T-mobile and getting it checked out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung note 3 charging issues

I'd get it replaced. Something seems wrong with the charging port.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

bunrector

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I just had this problem yesterday. When I plug my note 3 to the charger that I got along with the phone it does not charge at all. When I turn off the phone and plug the charger it charges but it vibrates and switches from the first screen to the second and again to the first screen to the second screen over and over again through the charging process, the first screen with a battery and a circle (when something is loading) in the middle and the second screen with the battery showing how much the battery has been charged. When the phone is on and when I am browsing, watching netflix or watching youtube it does not charge when I plug in the charger. I have even used another charger the USB 2.0 for s2-s4 and they have worked before on my note 3 but that doesn't work either. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong with. I am thinking about taking it down to T-mobile and getting it checked out.

I have this exact same issue. It just started tonight. Did you ever determine how to fix it?

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I've just found the same problem as you guys. BUT In my case, it happended after I connected my note 3 with my pc for awhile. After that the pc cannot connect the note 3 anymore. Moreover, the note 3 cannot be charged. If you tried to remove a baterry for 30 mins, it would help at the first times.After 2-3 hours the problems will happend anyway.

Did you guys root your devices before the problems occur?
Or do anything?
Just wanna know to study this problem, and find the way to fix it together.

yabbo

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

Researching this problem I found out its your amps on your charger. Most are listing 2.0 amp when buying charger off ebay. Seems the phone is sensitive to a charger less then 1.5 amps. Suggest using your oem charger only and if you want secondary charger make sure check the amps before you buy. Hope this helps!

Mavwin

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm also having this problem with my Note 3. First time it happen was a few weeks ago and suddenly it started to charge again. It's been OK for a couple of weeks but yesterday I got the same problem again. Don't know how to fix it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

wayne718

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

I had this ongoing issue for a while till it all together quit accepting a charge, sent the phone out to Samsung and they replaced a the charging port, it's been good for a week and today it started to do the same thing again, I can't keep sending this phone out to be repaired every month, clearly the charging port they're using on these phones are faulty

Steve Foltz

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

im having same problem so im guessing this should be a recall if you ask me .... .... its odd how it works one sec an not the next .... you can move usb that plugs in pc or charger an move it from charger to pc an it may charge but not charger an other way around its odd ..... i was rooted an im on stock 4.3 unrooted an still same thing ....

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

I'm going in to have the phone replaced (again) today. I'll let everyone know what happens. It's getting a little ridiculous. It seems that Samsung makes a great computer but not necessarily a phone. If there are any Samsung reps on this forum, please chime in. This problem has to be fixed. It's caused me approximately 12 hours of downtime just trying to figure out the issue (between both phones, the old Note II, which had the *exact* same issue and now this Note III). It's ridiculous.

sonic1519

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

i have heard that in some note3's the charging ports have a defect. when you plug in the cable you can tell if it has a loose feel to it.
or its the cable. because i just got in a new cable from samsung for a backup and it fits snug to the phone. it's one or the other......

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

i have heard that in some note3's the charging ports have a defect. when you plug in the cable you can tell if it has a loose feel to it.
or its the cable. because i just got in a new cable from samsung for a backup and it fits snug to the phone. it's one or the other......

Thanks for this information. It's for sure a hardware defect. I used to work for Nortel and saw the same thing when we first introduced IP Phones. The power cable connector was slightly too big for the port. This reminds me of that.

Update - I just replaced my Note 3 (again) yesterday and the guy at the shop told me it was a known issue. He said it should be sorted out by now and was going to follow up with his Samsung rep. The new phone seems to have a better fit for the power cable/connector/port combo. (Mind you, I said that about the Note 2 when it was new as well. I think it's cheap material they're using in the port assembly. It wears down too quickly and then the connector becomes loose).

Unicorn11B

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

I've seen the loose connector on a couple of brands using the micro USB port. I'm thinking is a flawed, weak design. I'd rather have a millimeter thicker phone with a bomb proof mini. The micro is supposed to be able to handle meant more insertion removal cycles, and the cable having the wear parts is a great idea butthey still seem to become loose faster.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

Yep, exactly the same here. I can't imagine the military looking at these devices (though they are). You'd have to design/build a very different form factor for it to be of any use in the field. Personally, I wouldn't take this thing into the field. Hopefully they come up with something more robust in the future (though the trend seems to be the opposite).

Will Wright1

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

**** me to yall. i have seen my i pad do that to head sets but i too think this is a port issue my does or has done all of the above

Will Wright1

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

i had a similar problem on my android and on a wireless broad band and it was the power manager, a software component

Jonathan Dominicali

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

I was having the same problem stock white t-mobile got it replaced... my mother in law got the black one it seems to be fine .... I think it's a white one problem ... but could be wrong ... to fix mine I just started using a regular 2.0 charger and it seems to work fine

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2