Nothing but problems with my T-Mobile Note 3?...
05-27-2014 07:42 AM
- Hey everyone!!
So I have always pretty much been an android user. I have always had T-mobile so therefore had no apple options. I did have one iPhone when the very first one came out.
Sooo, based off of that history, I am seriously ready to trade in my note 3 for the iphone 5s...
The first device I had, I kept getting an error msg from lookout everytime I switch my wifi on (which I use often at home) it said "An unauthorized app is trying to attempt to get into your phone" blah blah blah. Well, we ruled out every single APP I had installed (being they were only market apps anyways, no third party ones) and we did figure out it was the lookout app that is having issues with KNOX. I e-mailed lookout, they claim there is a fix on the way and until then just select do not view msg for 30 days. Ok fine. So long as everything else works I am ok. THEN, the phoen got super hot, overheated, the msg popped up a million times and my phone went from fully charged to red in less than an hour! Ok?... I went to t-mobile, they gave me a new phone. Fine. At the store the mgr said he hasn't had anyone have this issue, especially the lookout knox app, but that's hardly believable since lookout is aware of the issue.
Well, I thought ok new device, new start. No issues.
Nope. Lookout is doing the same thing.
So yesterday my battery drained again, super hot phone. I went to my battery settings and lookout had used like 50% of my phone batter within 30 minutes...
Now it's freezing on me when I use simple apps like facebook and pandora.
Yes, I have factory reset it various times. Nothing helps.
Anyone else having this issue?
I need a phone that will work. I love the galaxy, I love the screen, the pen, the customized experience... but in the end, I want a phone I can rely on. Help!
- - - Updated - - -
OHHH and the whole magazine app from the pull down menu (well rather when you pull it up) drives me insane!....11-29-2013 09:59 AM
- Have you tried going to a different retailer for another replacement? I have seen it stated sometimes that it's best to switch stores because the one you originally went to might have a bad batch of phones.
I have yet to experience a bad batch but always remember this just in case if and when it does.
I have not had a hot phone issue, knock on wood. I, like the previous poster did, Uninstalled the lookout app because I see no real use for it. And I keep my battery usage under control with the Active Apps Manager widget, my battery lasts longer now.
Good luck in whatever you try.11-29-2013 05:17 PM
- 1. It's not Lookout. When you get the notification with a shield, drop down your notification bar from the top of the screen. Long press the shield icon notification until App info appears. This will let you know that it's the Knox notification app giving you that warning. It takes you to the Knox app settings, uncheck the box for notifications. This will disable the notifications until you reboot again. You can also go to settings, general, application manager, find the Knox notification app and disable notifications.
2. Overheating is caused by your external SD card being scanned. Everytime you reboot your phone, remove the sd card first until the phone is fully booted, then reinsert the card.
3. Install Nova Launcher, customize your phone to set a different app for swipe actions or disable swipe actions. This will get rid of the Magazines app popping up all the time.11-29-2013 08:13 PM
- Thanks everyone for the reply! I tried to disable lookout but it still pops up, and it's not the shield popping up its the green lines that lookout has that pops up. Could I be disabling it wrong?...
As for going to another store for the device, we don't have another one very close BUT I guess it's worth driving an hour hehe.
And thanks for the app tip to get rid of the magazine feature. It drives me nuts. I always seem to accidentally hit it.
I am in the return Window still and these glitches really make me want to return my phone but honestly there isn't any other phone I want out there right now. If these glitches can be fixed then I am ok. :]11-30-2013 08:10 AM
- To disable Lookout go to Settings>General>Application manager, then swipe right until it shows ALL at the top, scroll down to Lookout and click it then you'll see the option for Force stop, Uninstall updates, and Turn Off. Select Turn Off. It gives you a warning and you just click OK and you're good to go.12-01-2013 06:07 AM
- Awesome thanks! Do you think that this is also causing my phone to overheat? Last time I was using it to play Pandora radio and it immediately got hot and lost all of its battery. Also could the case be causing the heat issue? I have a case that has a flip cover?... thanks for all the help! I really do want to keep the phone. So many positives compared to the negatives. But alas the negatives are big bah lol12-01-2013 11:10 AM
- Many things could cause the heating issue. If you're still having it after disabling Lookout, then check your battery stats and see what is using up the most of it. Also, if you are streaming with Pandora, are you on Wi-Fi or using your phones' data connection? If you're on data and you don't live in an area with LTE, you might consider going into the settings and switching it to WCDMA/GSM auto connect instead of the LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto connect. The reason is that it will search for that LTE connection (and never find it) and that will eat the battery. As others have said, you may have to take it into a store so they can test the battery and phone for you to be sure that it's functioning correctly. The media service also sometimes continually scans some SD cards as well and this will cause the phone to heat up. So many possibilities.12-02-2013 04:30 AM
- To disable Lookout go to Settings>General>Application manager, then swipe right until it shows ALL at the top, scroll down to Lookout and click it then you'll see the option for Force stop, Uninstall updates, and Turn Off. Select Turn Off. It gives you a warning and you just click OK and you're good to go.12-02-2013 08:55 PM
- Don't turn off Lookout. This is not the one causing the problem. I have been following a very long thread on the regular samsung note 3 forums and the one causing the problem is KNOX. Lookout is an antivirus the you need in the phone plus the other services that provides. There are several steps that you can take in order to get rid of it and one of them is not to postpone the notice until 30 days cause if you do that and you reboot the error/warning will come back. My only advise is to do a search on the other forums and take the time to read the postings from other people. I did it and I don't have the error/warning any more.12-03-2013 04:54 PM
- 12-03-2013 08:43 PM
- i don't have any anti-virus on my mac book or any of my devices either. I don't experiment with apps by sideloading or even care for free apps. most problems come from user error not someone intentionally trying to give you a virus.
Posted via Android Central App12-04-2013 12:37 AM
- Well let me tell you something, the other day I was in google looking for a reason as to why my son's iphone was rebooting constantly and one thing that I found out was that some apps even though they are from the app store they are not free from being contaminated. One more thing I downloaded from google play an app for pictures and when I tried to ran it, lookout gave me an error that it contained add a ware.... and I deleted it.... I guess what I am telling you is that you don't need to experiment with apps or sideloading to get infected now days even on our phones. But again.. this is my opinion. to each its own ............12-11-2013 07:45 PM
- What you are getting is plaguing GN3 owners all over the globe. It's not carrier related. It's a clash between Knox (Samsungs "security") & androids native security (SE android). They are battling for "top spot". I'm on my 4th GN3 since 10/3, I've logged over 30hrs with every tier of Samsung help, & nothing but mixed messages (no pun intended). This handset is bipolar, it's like the Republicans versus the Democrats in there. But what really scares me us that they haven't got the handset jiving with 4.3, & they're rolling out 4.4 in January?!? What problems can we expect then? Huh, SAMSUNG?!?12-17-2013 05:56 PM
- I'm personally swapping from iPhone 5S to Note 3 as soon as I sell this phone. The iPhone is fast as balls... but being within Apple's super closed environment since iPhone 3G... I'm tired of it, I want customization back.
I think if you jump from Android to iPhone you'll miss customization and over-all flexibility.12-22-2013 06:09 AM
- I guess we all run into a troubled device every once in a while, they get mass manufactured so one being faulty is always possible. I love my Galaxy Note 3, had some trouble with Wi-Fi until i switched off the power saving mode and now it runs great. No phone will ever be perfect, battery life will never be like the olden days. I think some people tend to overdo it when they write about their battery life, no way it can be THAT horrible unless you can provide us with some actual proof...12-24-2013 10:11 AM
Im not seeing the problems of over heating or rapid battery drain. Only had my device 5 days..
I did go into Settings > General > Security > and i had Know and Lookout unchecked already and Android Device Manager is checked.
I did initially get that annoying drop down shield that people are talking about, refering to an application trying to get to the system of my device. However it never provided me with any useful information.
I feel this is a huge flaw in the app. Samsung, listen up, if your going to give me a pop up saying an app is malicious and your going to stop it you better tell me what the app is..
Thats about as useless as the Check Engine light on a truck.12-24-2013 02:39 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Nothing but problems with my T-Mobile Note 3?...
- By Garth Dahl in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 05-09-2014, 11:46 AM
- By Afdhalzaed in forum Sony Xperia Z UltraReplies: 6Last Post: 04-16-2014, 10:40 AM
- By Puzzlegal in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 12-01-2013, 11:11 AM
- By shanezam203 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 11-29-2013, 09:25 AM
- By danbosvac in forum T-Mobile HTC SensationReplies: 0Last Post: 11-29-2013, 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD