TouchWiz vs. Nova Launcher

glamazon

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm so excited to have just gotten my Note 3 on Saturday. I also made the jump from Verizon to T-Mobile. I'm thrilled so far with the phone and T-Mobile. I live in the bay area and so far reception has been great.

I'm a long time Android user (since the original Droid). I typically always use a launcher. My phone I just got rid of was a Galaxy Nexus and I used Nova Launcher Pro. I have installed Nova Launcher on my Note and am using it but somehow I feel I might be missing out on the Note experience if I don't use TouchWiz. Does anyone have any opinions. I haven't had a lot of time to really sit with the phone and do too much with it as I had houseguests over the holiday.

Thanks!

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm so excited to have just gotten my Note 3 on Saturday. I also made the jump from Verizon to T-Mobile. I'm thrilled so far with the phone and T-Mobile. I live in the bay area and so far reception has been great.

I'm a long time Android user (since the original Droid). I typically always use a launcher. My phone I just got rid of was a Galaxy Nexus and I used Nova Launcher Pro. I have installed Nova Launcher on my Note and am using it but somehow I feel I might be missing out on the Note experience if I don't use TouchWiz. Does anyone have any opinions. I haven't had a lot of time to really sit with the phone and do too much with it as I had houseguests over the holiday.

Thanks!

People either love Touchwiz or hate it. Nova is clean without bloat. Nova updates often and as such will get better and better.... continuously adding new features. Just MY take......

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I don't think your missing anything of significance by using Nova. In fact, you're likely making your experience more fluid. All S-Pen functionality should remain just fine.

gp8.3

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
i don't have a issue with touchwiz but i prefer nova launcher. You don't really lose any functionality except the look of it

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
i didn't notice the loss of any features. You just add more with Nova. In fact the ability to change the double tap of the home button to bring up google now voice search instead of samsung's voice search was a gigantic bonus of nova