Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Armando Castellanos
  • 1 Post By Kegman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help!! Two annoying problems with my Note 3

First: Phone reboots itself, happens almost every day.
    Second: Can't connect to my Motorola S9 HD bluetooth headphones! I used to connect perfectly when I first got my phone. Now it says it pairs and connects, but there's no sound. Weird thing is that when I try to pair my BT headphones, there's no sound from the headphones, only from the earphone speaker located on top of the phone, not the speaker at the bottom! Then, when I turn off BT, sound stays that way, only coming out from the earphone. I tried restarting, pulling battery out and still no sound from bottom speaker. Only way to fix this annoying issue is plugging in a 3.5mm headphone jack to "trick" the phone, then unplugging. Somehow the sound switches to the right speaker.
    Has someone else experienced similar problems?

Default Re: Help!! Two annoying problems with my Note 3

1. The rebooting could be caused by an app you installed that is not fully compatible. There could be a lot of factors, are you rooted or have done any mods? When did you notice the problem? Probably sometime after you installed an app or modded something, but if it's always happened, it could be a defective device. If you can't narrow down to a single app, a factory reset might fix it, then install apps a few at a time till the problem starts again.
    2. I have the same bluetooth headset and it works well since day one. What player are you using? Check settings there. I use PowerAmp with no issues. Check your sound settings, if you've messed with the sound calibration where it tells you to connect your headphone before it starts. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you probably didn't go there, but if you did, re-check the settings.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No mods done to phone. I uninstalled a few apps (games) to see if that fixes the rebooting problem.

About BT issue, I have not messed with any settings. I forgot to mention in my OP that after quitting Pandora or any other media source and turning off BT on my phone, then opening videos or any other media I also sometimes get a message that says "cannot play during call", even though I am not using the phone for a call. Weird.
    UPDATE: IT guy at work suggested to uninstall apps that have call feature. I only had text+ app, so uninstalled it and seems to have gotten rid of the BT issue. Phone now pairs and connects to audio media, then when BT is off sound switches to speakerphone as it should.
    boudicca00 likes this.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

It is probably an app. Heres a trick to find out what you've recently installed. Go to google play and on the right top, there is the settings icon. Then click "my orders" It shows a list of all the apps in chronological order you've installed. hopefully you havn't waited weeks before asking for help.

if uninstalling those apps dont work, it could be an app that was recently updated breaking everything
    Thanked by:
    boudicca00 likes this.