Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By moolman
  • 1 Post By Rae Love
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default an application was forced to stop. ...

this is my second note 3 in 1 week and both of them are doing the same annoying error an application has been forced to stop due to a trying to access device or whatever.the rep at the store told me I probably had a virus through one of my application that I downloaded or possibly to SD card was infected. I found this not to be true because on my second note 3 I did not install any apps whatsoever and I left my sd card out and I still keep getting the error. So for those guys that are trying to figure out which app is causing this annoying issue it's not an application it's the phone itself. Samsung please look at this message and figure out how to stop this problem on this brand new flagship phone.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: an application was forced to stop. ...

Was the error message from "Knox?"

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Fyi, on both my note 3 and my wife's we both get the same error, even after I erased the phone and started over. I just clicked on do not notify for 30 days and moved on, the phone still works fine, no other issues, in 30 days I will do the same, more important things to worry about in life.
    sloan31 likes this.

I seem to get this on my Nexus 5 regularly I think it may just be a common fault which will have to be solved over time through updates

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Nothing but problems with my T-Mobile Note 3?...
    Read post #5. Read about Knox and learn about how to use App Info to learn more about notifications on your phone.

I've had 4 GN3s now, had every issue on Google minus the boot loop. I've hard reset 5 different occasions, spent over 30hrs speaking with all tiers of Samsung, & the fact is the phone is bipolar. The notification is a result of knox & SE android (security) fighting for the top spot. Being that SE android is inherent to android itself, & knox is inherent to the device, the only viable solution is to get rid of one. It's like the Republicans versus the Democrats in this dumb handset. & I'm not going to even start on the wifi issues... fact is, we all paid over $700 to be beta testers for an otherwise amazing device. Samsung jumped the gun on the release of this phone, I've had it since launch, now on #4...still not ready to give up, but with the advent of 4.4 on the horizon, & the device is still not jovial with 4.3...what are we in for in January?!?

I get same warning message. When I click on ok it takes me to list of installed apps/ downloaded/running but there is no indication of WHICH app is trying to access unauthorized. I have lookout premium installed and am not getting any warning from Lookout. So I am inclined to think it is a benign hiccup - or some bloatware app which I have turned off and yet it still keeps trying to activate itself. Since Lookout isn't warning me - I will clic the notify in 30 days choice and continue to enjoy this absolutely WONDERFUL device!
    Just a bit of pocket fuzz!

I get this error to, but it hasn't prevented me from enjoying my device immensely. Now I know it's harmless I won't put another thought into it.

Posted via Android Central App
    lungpuncher likes this.

It's a bug that Samsung is aware of and working on it. No need to panic, just select cancel for now.

Ian B

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Honest suggestion, root using Kingo (do a google search) and you won't see that issue again AND you don't void the Knox flag for warranty repairs.

Just a suggestion. I got that ALL THE TIME even on the most innocuous software.