1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Some Questions about the Note 3

I have almost paid off this baby and it's time to root and get custom roms. I don't care about any warranties, I just want a freaking awesome phone.

Has anyone found a way to root this thing yet?

I would like to get the mass storage device ability back on my phone. Has anyone found out how to do this?
    Or at least make my extcard the SDcard.

I swear the camera on the phone seems to suck. I don't care about megapixels, wanted a phone that could stand up to the iphone in picture quality. Why does this thing record in UHD any way?

Am I asking too much? Should I just get a Nexus?

Global Posts
    13,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Some Questions about the Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Roboto View Post
    I have almost paid off this baby and it's time to root and get custom roms. I don't care about any warranties, I just want a freaking awesome phone.

Has anyone found a way to root this thing yet?

I would like to get the mass storage device ability back on my phone. Has anyone found out how to do this?
    Or at least make my extcard the SDcard.

I swear the camera on the phone seems to suck. I don't care about megapixels, wanted a phone that could stand up to the iphone in picture quality. Why does this thing record in UHD any way?

Am I asking too much? Should I just get a Nexus?
    As for ROMs, I would suggest looking at either Slim or AOKP. Both of those are AOSP based ROMs.

Rooting as far as I knew has been hampered by Knox. Same applies to Flashing Custom ROMs.

As for your other questions, I do not know.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What do you mean has been hampered by knox? If you don't use knox there should be no problem right?

Man I just wanted the pen apps. Should have just don't the Nexus

Global Posts
    13,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Roboto View Post
    What do you mean has been hampered by knox? If you don't use knox there should be no problem right?

Man I just wanted the pen apps. Should have just don't the Nexus
    Knox is in the boot loader and has been hampering flashing of custom ROMs. Irrelevant if you have used it or not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

There is a method out there that allows you to root and not trip knox. Search XDA