Very Strange S voice issue, on NOTE 3 Please Please try this and reply back with help.

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
See if anyone else has issues with this.
1. make sure wifi is off on your phone
2. double tap home button to launch s voice.
3. say text someone in your contacts (john or Call Bill) one of these two commands. txt or call
4. You should get a message saying can't find network. or something like this.
This is the issue I have been having since day one.
no issues on WIFI
Won't work on Tmobile cell service on 4g LTE.
Please reply if you are seeing the same thing or even get it to work and verify what version of Svoice you have.
What I have done so far.
1. I went to the store and swapped out 3 phones now,
2. I have hours and hours of testing and very much think it's a S voice 11.2 issue.
3. I went to the store and tested the s3 that has version 10.1 and it works like is should.
4. I tested the S4 that has version 11.1 and it works like it should.
The Note 3 has 11.2 and this function listed above will not work on these two commands.
I am very aggravated with this because I got the Galaxy gear watch for Christmas and using svoice goes back to the watch and fails.

Attachments

• 2013-08-14-no_network.png
    2013-08-14-no_network.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Olayer20

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I am in the exact same position as you are I've sent hours troubleshooting and last night over an hour with Samsung. They could not get it going g and told me to take my phone and gear into a T-Mobile store and have them take a look at it.

Posted via Android Central App

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I would take the gear out of the equation because it's a note 3 Svoice issue, It does not work using the phone for me. I would give that a try and don't let samsung or tmobile muddy the water with it being a gear issue.

Olayer20

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree because s voice isn't working on your device brains I'm on my way now I'll let you know what they tell me

Olayer20

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Just left best buy Samsung experience desk they cleared my software reinstalled 4.3 and also reinstalled 4.3 on the gear and both are still not working they sent an email to the regional Samsung representative and as soon as I hear something I will post again

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Same problem - I had just assumed that it would only work with a network connection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I could have told you that would not have worked, I am on my 3rd phone because samsung even said it was a phone issues. I wish you could actually talk to someone that is technical and tell them that it's a bug in the software. Like I said above the S3 and S4 works like it should.
Thanks for the replies back..

Olayer20

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Couple of days I still haven't heard back from Samsung representative from New Mexico and I'm thinking because of small amount of people with the issue it might be a hardware problem have you had a phone replaced through AT&T the phone I'm currently using was a replacement for my first one

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I am pretty sure it's not a hardware issue. I am on my third phone and it has never worked. I also tried the one at the verizon store just to see and it does not work either. It's got to be the software for Svoice, the Note 3 is running 11.2 where as the other samsung devices are running 10.? and 11. 1.... I would stay on them I am on my end.
thanks.

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Please try to txt someone in your contacts, I got the same message, the person you are looking for is not in your contacts. If you tell it to txt someone in your contacts you should get the other error listed above.
Thanks.

Olayer20

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
"I got to be honest I have absolutely what is going on here. *I have asked around and this is a first.* Is it possible, that he has downloaded something that might be conflicting?

*I would suggest backing up all his stuff and doing a hard reset on the phone and try it out right away."

That is the response I got from the new mexico samsung rep. ****ty thing is after searching the internet you and I appear to be the only ones with the problem I can't find anything on any website anywhere it's getting to be a bit frustrating

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Went to bestbuy tonight and found a guy that had a verizon Note 3 had him try this and it worked with no issues for him.
I checked out his version of Svoice and he had 11.2.0.2 installed where as I have 11.2.0.1.
I was able to find 11.2.0.1 and installed it but still no luck. From what I am reading it seems to be a tmobile issue.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Note 3 from Tmobile yesterday and I'm having this same issue. I'm sorry to hear this problem isn't resolved because I really like the Note 3. But seeing how I really need reliable handsfree operation while driving, probably just have to take this back and get S4.

kematay

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had the phone 1 month. Svoice has never worked! I talked to Tmobile for 3 hours. Tech support even called me back after they contacted Samsung tech support. No luck. Then I contacted you Samsung via Facebook 8 hrs of troubleshooting with no luck. So then I went to BestBuy to the Samsung support team and they couldn't get it to work so I believe this is a software issue. Very frustrating issue nonetheless but a software issue.

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
This crazy I experienced this problem earlier tonight..... Going to do some research....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid