Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile Note 3: DISABLE Wifi Calling permanently

Hello all,

I have a rooted Note 3 (MI7) and am trying to permanently disable wifi calling. I have gone to Settings >> Connections >> more networks >> wifi calling and turned this off. BUT, wifi calling still persists and my mobile network is disabled when connected to wifi. I have had several problems with wifi calling (Screechy noise for caller, no ring for caller etc)

Is there anyway to disable this? Is this included in a update? I am worried also about loosing root or tripping knox if I update.

Thank you!
    Aidan
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-12-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Default Re: TMobile Note 3 DISABLE Wifi Calling permanently

You can go to tmobile and ask them for a sim card that doesn't allow wifi calling.

Note 3 ~ 5s

Go to your settings and ensure it's staying off.. Then click on wifi calling... Go to connection preferences and ensure it is off here.. Once you do that ensure the "Cellular Network Preferred" mode. (screenshots below)

It should work.. Let us know!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile Note 3: DISABLE Wifi Calling permanently-1391639391965.jpg   T-Mobile Note 3: DISABLE Wifi Calling permanently-1391639404006.jpg   T-Mobile Note 3: DISABLE Wifi Calling permanently-1391639412253.jpg  
    UJ95x likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

@Almeuit Yes I have confirmed I have that setting off still chooses to call over Wifi, Have also attempted enabling wifi calling with cellular network preferred with the same result. Thanks for the screenshots though!
    @tippmann15 I have seen some posts about people getting SIM cards with wifi calling disabled but still found it to not work. Could you confirm it does actually work?

So it just still activates anyway?

Go to settings, general, application manager and scroll to wifi settings (under all) and do clear data on the wifi calling settings and wfcservice.

See if that helps.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile Note 3: DISABLE Wifi Calling permanently-1391656737535.jpg   T-Mobile Note 3: DISABLE Wifi Calling permanently-1391656745943.jpg  
    Aidan Anderson likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

@Almeuit great suggestion still no dice. Still turns off cellular network and runs through "HD voice" same problems persist. It seems like you are also using Wifi calling, have you ever been able to disable it as well?
    T-Mobile Note 3: DISABLE Wifi Calling permanently-phone.png

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan Anderson View Post
    @Almeuit great suggestion still no dice. Still turns off cellular network and runs through "HD voice" same problems persist. It seems like you are also using Wifi calling, have you ever been able to disable it as well?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	571.4 KB 
ID:	103653
    Hm very weird. I do use it but if I toggle it to off it will not use wifi calling and will use cellular instead. Not sure why yours won't disable.

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts

I would just call support and get a replacement phone

Default Re: T-Mobile Note 3 DISABLE Wifi Calling permanently

Same problem, I just turn off Wi-Fi

ROM
    CM 10.1 Unofficial

Have you tried to turn it off in the app info settings? It looks like that would alleviate the issue, because it would disable the service altogether.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Hi all. I'm having the exact same problem. It just started happening yesterday and my only fix has been to turn off Wi-Fi altogether before making calls.
    Go-Go-Gadget Girl!

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Same issue here. Turning off WIFI is the only workaround I've found. The reason I need to turn it off is because when someone calls me, if it's on WIFI calling, they can't hear me - it sounds like an alien. Seen that issue reported elsewhere, but only for the Note 3. Hopefully a update will resolve that, other than that, the phone and the service are great.

Don

Very weird. I use WiFi calling and it works great for me. I need it at the house so that's why I use it.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donc36 View Post
    Same issue here. Turning off WIFI is the only workaround I've found. The reason I need to turn it off is because when someone calls me, if it's on WIFI calling, they can't hear me - it sounds like an alien. Seen that issue reported elsewhere, but only for the Note 3. Hopefully a update will resolve that, other than that, the phone and the service are great.

Don
    Turns out the Voice Commands in the Call Settings were doing the distortion when I spoke over WIFI calling. Turning off Voice Control in the device settings > Call > Answering / ending calls solved the distortion issue.

Still can't really turn off WIFI calling on WIFI, like the OP reported, but at least now I don't have to.

Don

ROM
    CM 10.1 Unofficial

Default Re: T-Mobile Note 3: DISABLE Wifi Calling permanently

I've noticed that people can't hear me when they call me and I have Wi-Fi Calling on, but I have no problems when I call them. It's weird, but I'll live.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

Default Re: T-Mobile Note 3: DISABLE Wifi Calling permanently

Has anyone found a solution for this?