T-Mobile Note 3 google nav fails.

anon(7481370)

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So, I am a huge fan of the samsung note series. With that being said when I upgraded from my note 2 from att to the note 3 on T-Mobile through the etf program I expected a refined experience. So far it's fluid but a few things are a nuisance on here. The magazine app that pops up from attempting to pull up Google now with the home button, the static I get from plugging in an aux cable to play music through my surround at home, the samsung keyboard(#2 gripe on this phone), and lastly the google nav app and GPS function. It jumps and skips when trying to align after you turn it on. Never quite makes a good connection. In the google nav app, the transition from starting your route to acquiring your location it freezes after it zooms to your location. It has done this every single time I have used it. I'm starting to think my note 3 is defective, because the GPS function in the google tracks app is also flawed with the same symptoms. Oh, how I miss my note 2.

Posted via Android Central App

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
So, I am a huge fan of the samsung note series. With that being said when I upgraded from my note 2 from att to the note 3 on T-Mobile through the etf program I expected a refined experience. So far it's fluid but a few things are a nuisance on here. The magazine app that pops up from attempting to pull up Google now with the home button, the static I get from plugging in an aux cable to play music through my surround at home, the samsung keyboard(#2 gripe on this phone), and lastly the google nav app and GPS function. It jumps and skips when trying to align after you turn it on. Never quite makes a good connection. In the google nav app, the transition from starting your route to acquiring your location it freezes after it zooms to your location. It has done this every single time I have used it. I'm starting to think my note 3 is defective, because the GPS function in the google tracks app is also flawed with the same symptoms. Oh, how I miss my note 2.

Posted via Android Central App

You can configure your home button, that's not a problem.

The static gets better with future releases, have 4.4.2 here and I am glad is not a hardware thing.

I use swift key, best $ I could ever spent on a virtual keyboard

and GPS has been quite reliable as well on 4.4.2 for 9005

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Well then hopefully Kit Kat comes along soon (I'm not rooting yet) because Maps keeps showing me off by a street or two.

Posted via T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci