Block IMEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, to make this story short, I bought a tmo note 3 for my wife on craigslist and today I went to the store and they told me the imei was block and I had to contact the seller, obviously no answer.
Can I unblock the IMEI somehow??

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No. Once and IMEI number is blacklisted it won't work on carrier networks. They usually get blacklisted for missed phone payment, outstanding bills, and the main reason usually is a phone is stolen so the owner has the IMEI number blacklisted so the thief can't use the phone on networks.

There is no way to get it unlocked really... And changing an IMEI number on a phone is illegal.

This is why you have to be careful on craig's list.. Scammers and rude people out there sell blacklisted IMEI phones as if they were okay.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
SAD DAY for me then..

Yeah sorry to hear this happened to you. Some people in this world don't care if they screw someone else over by doing something as shady as this :/.

Quad150db

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
If your not tied to Tmobile you can Sim unlock it and go to At&t/AIO directly or via an MVNO like Net10

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If your not tied to Tmobile you can Sim unlock it and go to At&t/AIO directly or via an MVNO like Net10

Posted via Android Central App

I'm not sure if that works. They allow blocked IMEI numbers?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
That wont work. the carriers tend to work together with things like blacklisted IMEI numbers.
I actively look on CL for devices like that and buy them as parts units.
The cost of a new replacement Glass/LCD front assembly is around $250 new right now.
So for a lot of people to be able to recover some of that cost is great. I offer 150 to 175 for units like that. If its in mint condition ill go as high as 200..
So all is not lost, there is still some value.. Maybe not what you paid for it but some is better then none.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That wont work. the carriers tend to work together with things like blacklisted IMEI numbers.
I actively look on CL for devices like that and buy them as parts units.
The cost of a new replacement Glass/LCD front assembly is around $250 new right now.
So for a lot of people to be able to recover some of that cost is great. I offer 150 to 175 for units like that. If its in mint condition ill go as high as 200..
So all is not lost, there is still some value.. Maybe not what you paid for it but some is better then none.

That's was my understanding as well. The carriers all work together to keep an updated list of blocked IMEI numbers so they can't be used on any network.

chustle925

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, to make this story short, I bought a tmo note 3 for my wife on craigslist and today I went to the store and they told me the imei was block and I had to contact the seller, obviously no answer.

What color is the Note? I have a white one I'm trying to sell,has a clean esn. Maybe we can do a trade.

SCXR

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You can recoup some of your money by selling it on Ebay. Just be clear that it has a blocked IMEI so the new buyer is aware.

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Part it out... Or sell it with notice of bad IMEI on eBay and craigslist

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Your phone will work on ATT just fine and any other GSM carrier that does not use any of T Mobiles towers, the phone IMEI is not blacklisted, its blocked from use with TMobile and can be unblocked once the original EIP holder pays it off.

I`ve used a few blocked TMobile handsets on my local network Cincinnati Bell, and ive bought them for people to use on ATT

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

xxx_realman

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

HELLO DEAR

im an I.T expert i can help you but you need a long time. since i experienced this problem. i try to reprogram my phone and lucky i back my phone and its works good now.. last week i really try many ways but only reprogram is the best way to fix your phone. wish i can help. good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
HELLO DEAR

im an I.T expert i can help you but you need a long time. since i experienced this problem. i try to reprogram my phone and lucky i back my phone and its works good now.. last week i really try many ways but only reprogram is the best way to fix your phone. wish i can help. good luck.

Discussion of changing or reprogramming a device to get around an IMEI block is against forums rules. We don't allow or encourage this type of discussion.

Thank you.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang