Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IAmSixNine
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    rmadrid20's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

    Default Block IMEI

    Hi all, to make this story short, I bought a tmo note 3 for my wife on craigslist and today I went to the store and they told me the imei was block and I had to contact the seller, obviously no answer.
    Can I unblock the IMEI somehow??

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,536 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    As far as I know, no. There is no way to do that as it is at the carrier level.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    No. Once and IMEI number is blacklisted it won't work on carrier networks. They usually get blacklisted for missed phone payment, outstanding bills, and the main reason usually is a phone is stolen so the owner has the IMEI number blacklisted so the thief can't use the phone on networks.

    There is no way to get it unlocked really... And changing an IMEI number on a phone is illegal.

    This is why you have to be careful on craig's list.. Scammers and rude people out there sell blacklisted IMEI phones as if they were okay.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Last edited by Almeuit; 02-09-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    Should of went through swappa or met the seller at a store

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    rmadrid20's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    SAD DAY for me then..

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    Quote Originally Posted by rmadrid20 View Post
    SAD DAY for me then..

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    Yeah sorry to hear this happened to you. Some people in this world don't care if they screw someone else over by doing something as shady as this :/.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    rmadrid20's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    I guess I bough a huge mp3 player...

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    If your not tied to Tmobile you can Sim unlock it and go to At&t/AIO directly or via an MVNO like Net10

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    Quote Originally Posted by Quad150db View Post
    If your not tied to Tmobile you can Sim unlock it and go to At&t/AIO directly or via an MVNO like Net10

    Posted via Android Central App
    I'm not sure if that works. They allow blocked IMEI numbers?

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    That wont work. the carriers tend to work together with things like blacklisted IMEI numbers.
    I actively look on CL for devices like that and buy them as parts units.
    The cost of a new replacement Glass/LCD front assembly is around $250 new right now.
    So for a lot of people to be able to recover some of that cost is great. I offer 150 to 175 for units like that. If its in mint condition ill go as high as 200..
    So all is not lost, there is still some value.. Maybe not what you paid for it but some is better then none.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
    Paul627g likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    That wont work. the carriers tend to work together with things like blacklisted IMEI numbers.
    I actively look on CL for devices like that and buy them as parts units.
    The cost of a new replacement Glass/LCD front assembly is around $250 new right now.
    So for a lot of people to be able to recover some of that cost is great. I offer 150 to 175 for units like that. If its in mint condition ill go as high as 200..
    So all is not lost, there is still some value.. Maybe not what you paid for it but some is better then none.
    That's was my understanding as well. The carriers all work together to keep an updated list of blocked IMEI numbers so they can't be used on any network.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    Quote Originally Posted by rmadrid20 View Post
    Hi all, to make this story short, I bought a tmo note 3 for my wife on craigslist and today I went to the store and they told me the imei was block and I had to contact the seller, obviously no answer.
    Can I unblock the IMEI somehow??

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    What color is the Note? I have a white one I'm trying to sell,has a clean esn. Maybe we can do a trade.
  13. #13  
    SCXR's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    You can recoup some of your money by selling it on Ebay. Just be clear that it has a blocked IMEI so the new buyer is aware.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    I have a att note 2 unlocked. Can use att or tmobile. Trade?

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  
    bgbagz's Avatar

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    Part it out... Or sell it with notice of bad IMEI on eBay and craigslist

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    Your phone will work on ATT just fine and any other GSM carrier that does not use any of T Mobiles towers, the phone IMEI is not blacklisted, its blocked from use with TMobile and can be unblocked once the original EIP holder pays it off.

    I`ve used a few blocked TMobile handsets on my local network Cincinnati Bell, and ive bought them for people to use on ATT
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Block IMEI

    Quote Originally Posted by chustle925 View Post
    What color is the Note? I have a white one I'm trying to sell,has a clean esn. Maybe we can do a trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by sterritup View Post
    I have a att note 2 unlocked. Can use att or tmobile. Trade?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Folks please keep in mind discussion of selling, buying, trading or gifting outside of the Marketplace forums is against the .

    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





Similar Threads

  1. Imei blacklisted
    By ManvirS in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Today, 03:16 AM
  2. IMEI Plastic Label
    By malifact in forum Sony Xperia Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-22-2014, 05:23 AM
  3. how to block number
    By NathanC4078 in forum LG Optimus Series
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2014, 01:02 AM
  4. No phone calls from accidently blocking caller
    By pixeltaker in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 10:23 PM
  5. Lost IMEI, have backups but they are not restoring the IMEI SAMSUNG S3
    By dmorgan924 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 04:30 PM

Posting Permissions

B