TMO Note 3 not compatible with Google wallet

raju130000

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been Google wallet user for years. When I purchased my note 3 and installed the app from playstore I thought it would work fine. It has never worked, I spoke to Google wallet yesterday n they said TMO has disable Google wallet to use tap n pay, TMO would rather use their own crappy Isis wallet. I was also reading that Google wallet is integrated in Kitkat does that mean it will work for TMO uses?

Posted via Android Central App

wellsmanfu

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I highly doubt it. If I right, only Sprint is using Google wallet now and the other big 3 carriers all went with ISIS. That's the only thing I miss from Sprint, but it's not enough to get me to go back there.

Posted via Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Verizon, TMO and ATT are blocking google from accessing the secure element of the hardware to allow Wallet to work. Sprint chose to not block this so Wallet works on theirs.
Verizon, TMO and ATT opted to go with ISIS.. but its got a lot of drawbacks as i found out this week.
Now with KitKat google is trying to impliment HCE or Host Card Emulation. With HCE the secure element will be in the cloud and thus all devices would be able to use it.
Visa is on board and mastercard will launch tools in July..
All of this is from android authority and i wont post the link as i dont think AC would be happy with that. LOL

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Isis is to limited. You have to use one of the following cards with it: American Express, American Express Serve. Chase or Wells Fargo. I'd much prefer Google Wallet.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Isis is to limited. You have to use one of the following cards with it: American Express, American Express Serve. Chase or Wells Fargo. I'd much prefer Google Wallet.
Even more limited then you think. Im with Wells Fargo. I have a check / debit card with them. That is not an option. To use the Wells Fargo option it HAS to be a Wells Fargo "Credit Card"
So let me get this straight, Dont use a card that is tied directly to a banking account and has guaranteed funds, but instead use a Credit Card..

LAME..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante