T-Mobile Note 3: Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) update problems and issues thread

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The update is now live: T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 gets KitKat update | Android Central

If there are any problems or issues related to the update process (i.e. downloading) or update (i.e. bugs, crashes, app compatibility etc.) post here.

For informational purposes, most issues following a major update, i.e. crashes, "lag", can be fixed with a factory reset following the update. Also, the update is taking a long time to download for most users. It's suggested that you try and update during the later evening or very earlier morning when the servers are seeing less traffic than during the peak hours - I'd suggest late evening to give you time to get settled with the new update once it's fully installed.

Tap-To-Pay Not working - Not a bug or issue, simply not enabled by T-Mobile or Samsung. Not unusual for carriers or manufactures to disable the feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonathan Dominicali

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) update problems and issues thread

So far I haven't had any issue
Also I haven't gotten the wifi unstable problem like I was be4 ..battery seems about the same lockscreen seems more responsive...can't tell if it got quicker or not.... seems smoother yes.... other than that seems stable

Posted via Android Central App

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

So far so goo, I just need to check the wifi calling

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

bigpapa2001

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

The only issue ive had is my phone freezing its done it twice other than that all good

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

The only issue ive had is my phone freezing its done it twice other than that all good

Give it a few days and let the OS settle in. If it continues try a factory reset. That should clear that problem up for you - be sure to backup your data.

SkinsFan1987

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site

Outside of not being able to write to the SD Card, I'm doing pretty good over here. Seems smoother and more responsive. It also looks like it doesn't use as much RAM, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

rkopsie

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

I did my first download.. then it reboot to install then told me it had an error... so downloading it a second time now..

wjr1985

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

After I updated I had to reboot my device again to get the touchscreen to work. Just a heads up for anyone who runs into this, just hold the power button down until it reboots and everything seems fine afterwards.

Zylograth

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Hopefully the bluetooth stutter/disconnect while streaming to my car stereo is resolved in this update.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site

After I updated I had to reboot my device again to get the touchscreen to work. Just a heads up for anyone who runs into this, just hold the power button down until it reboots and everything seems fine afterwards.

I had the same problem, but the s-pen works. So you can just hold the power button and select to restart.

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I'd say the inability to use tap to pay with Google wallet is very much a bug

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

I'd say the inability to use tap to pay with Google wallet is very much a bug

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

It wasn't even possible with 4.3... it's not a bug it's just the way it's programmed.. T-Mobile is pushing this ISIS thing.. People should know this by now.

jlanik4

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone else have a problem where if you listen to music through earphones the lockscreen album art doesn't show up, but if you play music through the speaker, the album art does show up?

Jonathan Dominicali

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone else have a problem where if you listen to music through earphones the lockscreen album art doesn't show up, but if you play music through the speaker, the album art does show up?

Just tried it and mine is working fine

Arnold Meza

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

Anyone having problems charging note 3 with an aftermarket cable? before update was charging fine.

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site

Okay, so after the update, there are a TON of options missing. Is anyone else seeing this? They removed the ability to change the lockscreen shortcuts, the lockscreen never changes to the music widget now and in fact, it looks like the "Music on lockscreen option" (you can find it by searching "music" in the Settings menu) is completely disabled. Also, the notification panel no longer separates active notifications from the passive notifications. Why did they remove so many options?