Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Default Text message issues after update

I've been having some issues with Handcent and my text messages since the update. Whenever I open it I get a pop up asking if I want to set it to the default. I used the stock messaging app as the default so I can get my texts on my Galaxy Gear. I use Handcent to send/receive my texts. One problem I have is the messages still show as unread after I read them. The other issue is with my privacy box texts. The are now showing up in the default texting app. Is anyone else having problems like this?

Default Re: Text message issues after update

Quote Originally Posted by MrTyC View Post
    I've been having some issues with Handcent and my text messages since the update. Whenever I open it I get a pop up asking if I want to set it to the default. I used the stock messaging app as the default so I can get my texts on my Galaxy Gear. I use Handcent to send/receive my texts. One problem I have is the messages still show as unread after I read them. The other issue is with my privacy box texts. The are now showing up in the default texting app. Is anyone else having problems like this?
    I believe kitkat forces you to select a default messaging app, I would guess this is a problem Handcent will need to address

Quote Originally Posted by MrTyC View Post
    I also was using Handcent as default app but found my text not going or coming n cuz the app was an older version! Once I updated 2 the newest version n the play store, it ran fine

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Was using Hello as my default messaging app but was having issues sending text messages. I also had issues receiving some messages. I eventually gave up and now using the stock app.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app