Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

Default T-Mobile Note 3: Freezing after KitKat update

Don't know if this is happening with other Note 3 users after you updated to Kit Kat but I've done a bunch of battery pulls because of freezing. Should I do I factory restore to solve this, would it even work?

I find it annoying that my phone worked perfectly before the update and now it freezes and runs hot occasionally.

Posted via Android Central App
    All Google.

Global Posts
    9,805 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Default Re: Freezing after Kit Kat update.

Quote Originally Posted by MacHouse83 View Post
    Don't know if this is happening with other Note 3 users after you updated to Kit Kat but I've done a bunch of battery pulls because of freezing. Should I do I factory restore to solve this, would it even work?

I find it annoying that my phone worked perfectly before the update and now it freezes and runs hot occasionally.

Try wiping the cache partition in recovery mode first

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Try wiping the cache partition in recovery mode first

Before a factory restore?

All Google.

Global Posts
    9,805 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Before a factory restore?

Yes

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

Yes

Ok cool, thanks!

All Google.

Global Posts
    9,805 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Ok cool, thanks!

Let me know if it helped

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

Let me know if it helped

Definitely will, I'm going do it tomorrow because I need to backup all my stuff.

All Google.

Global Posts
    9,805 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Definitely will, I'm going do it tomorrow because I need to backup all my stuff.

Wiping cache doesn't delete anything

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

Default Re: T-Mobile Note 3: Freezing after KitKat update

I guess its a common issue. Im facing the same issue in my international version of note 3 which bears exynos octacore processor.

Guess this is because of rom optimisation techniques introduced in latest 4.4 update

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A lot of Note 3 users across the board are having issues with KitKat, google really farked up
    Spencerdl likes this.

Global Posts
    9,805 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by HothTron View Post
    A lot of Note 3 users across the board are having issues with KitKat, google really farked up
    Google didn't push the Kit Kat update to the Note 3...
    And no, there aren't as many issues as it seems, but since we're on an Android forum, it seems that way.

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Google didn't push the Kit Kat update to the Note 3...
    And no, there aren't as many issues as it seems, but since we're on an Android forum, it seems that way.

Then who pushed it? Also the update hasn't really been pushed to users, only tech users have manually downloaded the update. Once in flux of users that download via OTA notice happens you'll start seeing more issues. I have four Note 3's and all four of them have the issues, 4/4! A lot of users get the update notification and afraid to download the update. I would care to guess that 75%+ of Note 3 owners on T-Mobile are still on JB!

5TH

Global Posts
    9,805 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by FifthElement View Post
    Then who pushed it? Also the update hasn't really been pushed to users, only tech users have manually downloaded the update. Once in flux of users that download via OTA notice happens you'll start seeing more issues. I have four Note 3's and all four of them have the issues, 4/4! A lot of users get the update notification and afraid to download the update. I would care to guess that 75%+ of Note 3 owners on T-Mobile are still on JB!

5TH
    Google pushes devices to the Nexus devices. That's it
    Samsung is in charge of all of their devices' updates. They then pass it to the carriers, who push it after it is ready.
    I know a few people with an S4 on Kit Kat, and 2 people with a Note 3 on KK. None have issues

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

Trust me son, people are having issues across the board with kit Kat

I'm not having any issues at all

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    7,942 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Trust me son, people are having issues across the board with kit Kat
    Do you think there is a higher volume of issues than people have or have had with any other version of any software?

From what i'm seeing across forums with Note 3 users along with Nexus complaining about Kit Kat breaking stuff, i'd say so.

This makes me wonder if I should actually do the update when Verizon releases "KITKAT" for the Note3. Every time I read something about the KitKat update it is NOT GOOD!!!!

Global Posts
    9,805 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

From what i'm seeing across forums with Note 3 users along with Nexus complaining about Kit Kat breaking stuff, i'd say so.
    Yes, obviously we're going to see it a lot more in forums because that's where people go to report their experience. Users who don't have issues are less likely to talk about the updates.
    None of people that I know in person had issues with 4.3, or 4.4.2 despite the numerous number of issues I saw people having here

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
    Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    7,942 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

The high volume of complaint forums happens with every software update on just about every device. That includes Moto, Samsung, LG, Apple, it doesn't matter. A huge part of what the forums are is a place for people with common issues to share resources for troubleshooting, so it's natural to see the bugs, etc detailed out.

The presence of a user or even several users with an issue doesn't address the ubiquity of a potential issue. Ultimately we're looking at a very tiny cross-section of mobile users when we restrict to those who use forums (easily less than 1-2%), and if 1-2% of those members are having issues it doesn't indicate that the issues are not real, just that we can't make assumptions about how widespread, how serious and how easy or difficult to work around they are.

Many forums are filled with posts by people who will make one post on several different forums about their device "issues" and never respond.

We do know that (and have explained why) some apps do not work as they did before with SD cards and have always recommended that people remove those cards prior to accepting or forcing an update. Aside from that one (which impacts everyone who updates and had apps that used the pre-JB app2SD method that haven't been updated for 4.4), I haven't seen many bugs that look like they're more than one off flash-growing pain items.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Stock

Thumbs down Re: T-Mobile Note 3: Freezing after KitKat update

BS, as I said before, "Also the update hasn't really been pushed to users, only tech users have manually downloaded the update. Once in flux of users that download via OTA notice happens you'll start seeing more issues. I have four Note 3's and all four of them have the issues, 4/4! A lot of users get the update notification and afraid to download the update. I would care to guess that 75%+ of Note 3 owners on T-Mobile are still on JB!"!

5th
    boudicca00 likes this.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

This thread is one if the reasons why I hate how most oems do updates as most issues can be cleared with a cache wipe or worst case a factory reset. From what I've heard in this thread a factory reset will fix the freezing issue. But that's just me guessing from the outside.
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    This thread is one if the reasons why I hate how most oems do updates as most issues can be cleared with a cache wipe or worst case a factory reset. From what I've heard in this thread a factory reset will fix the freezing issue. But that's just me guessing from the outside.
    Done everything you said and did a master reset twice! Going to try a full ROM reset via ODIN and and the official T-Mobile KitKat ROM. But I have two note 3's on my account and two more on my mothers and all four are loaded with issues. Mainly calling issues, Wifi calling and battery loss. Anyone know of an app that backs up MMS messages? Don't care about the pics but I need to save the text, arg!

5th

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Nope, I did factory reset and it didn't do ****. I had to get a 3rd Note 3 and not download the update and it runs just perfectly with 4.3 now
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

Late to the party but a factory restore didn't do anything for me either... this is ridiculous, I mean I know a lot of people don't have problems after they updated to Kit Kat but this update has turned my once perfect phone into a buggy mess.
    All Google.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast