Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I Screen Mirror to Chromecast with just my Note 3 for data (4g) and wifi (hot spot | tether | ?)

I watch streaming video on my t.v. via an HDMI cable from an MHL adapter which mirrors apps (Netflix, etc.) connected to the Internet over my T-Mobil Note 3's 4g service.

I got a Chromecast because it will screen mirror my device screen wirelessly.

"#3. Hack Your Hotel With Chromecast" (reelseo.com/5-chromecast-tricks) tells how to do this using your phone so I persist in trying to figure this out.

I stream over my 4g because I have a "Truly Unlimited" T-Mobile plan that limits hot spot / tethering. I can tether but, not 1.5GB videos (until hitting a limit). I can screen mirror 4g all day long.

When I try to setup Chromecast my 4g turns off.

I'm ready to try getting Chromecast to hook up to my laptop (a peer network perhaps) or some permutation but I still need my Note 3 to be the screen that's mirrored after all is said and done.

Any ideas?

Merc
    Last edited by mercuriari; 03-12-2014 at 09:46 PM. Reason: clarity