Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gentoo7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Downgrading from kk to jb

Ever since this update I really haven't noticed anything that great.. Or really anything at all except I can't write to my own sd card.. I had root on my phone before the update and now when I try to root it using the time method as before, it goes into a bootloop. I was able to fix that. If anyone has a method for rooting with kk on my phone please let me know! Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: Downgrading from kk to jb

Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo7 View Post
    Ever since this update I really haven't noticed anything that great.. Or really anything at all except I can't write to my own sd card.. I had root on my phone before the update and now when I try to root it using the time method as before, it goes into a bootloop. I was able to fix that. If anyone has a method for rooting with kk on my phone please let me know! Thanks

What phone?

EDIT:

Oh Note 3 sorry.

ROM
    Stock 4.4.2

Can you root with knox? I thought you could not.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah the Note 3. I've tried looking for a file on XDAs site but have yet to come across one. I'm just wondering how everyone is rooting their phones!!

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

To be honest, I've never even heard of knox until a couple weeks ago when I got the phone. So I don't know how to do it that way

ROM
    Stock 4.4.2

For root how about this

Root T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T on Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update - N900TUVUCNB4

Or is that the method you used?

ROM
    Stock 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo7 View Post

Do you have the right drivers?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Nope I haven't used that method yet, Thank you!! I will try right now. I do have the right drivers as well.

AndroidDev01 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

I would root if I thought this would fix my WiFi calling issues but it won't so I'm going to hold out for a fix. I live somewhere where I get no signal inside unless I keep my phone next to a window, which is why I went with T-Mobile in the first place, WiFi calling. Now the point is moot as I can't use it! I kept praying it was a backend issue and I keep turning wifi calling on only to have my calls and texts stop coming in after a half hour. Recently many people had e911 errors which were T-Mobile backend issues and were fixed after a few days.

5th

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom

You can not download back to Jellybean... Once you've updated to KitKat the bootloader got updated with it and you can not downgrade that. Welcome to the world of 4.4.2 enjoy your stay.
    Do not question the words I type, question the reply you are typing at this moment...