adding custom words to user dictionary?

missdivinity

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I got the note 3 the day after it was released here in the US and for a few months when I would type in custom words I would just click on the arrow that showed up in the box farthest to the left and add it to my dictionary. But one day i noticed that my words werent saved any more and since then every time I add the word to my dictionary it doesn't save. Does anyone else have this problem? And can someone please tell me how to fix it?
I don't use swype but I do have predictive text turned on.

Posted via Android Central App

FifthElement

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I got the note 3 the day after it was released here in the US and for a few months when I would type in custom words I would just click on the arrow that showed up in the box farthest to the left and add it to my dictionary. But one day i noticed that my words werent saved any more and since then every time I add the word to my dictionary it doesn't save. Does anyone else have this problem? And can someone please tell me how to fix it?
I don't use swype but I do have predictive text turned on.

Posted via Android Central App
You were doing it right with the arrow. I'll help you if I can. What version of Android are you on (did you get a large update in the past week or so)? Also bring up the keyboard and press and hold the mic key near the left bottom. Then press the little gear icon which will bring you to settings. Then press the predictive text, text, not the button that says on/off. Make sure personalized data is selected. Also make sure predictive text is on. From here you can also try and reset everything to see if you can get it working again. You can also use the "Learn from" items to make it bring back your personalized words faster after you clear everything. Let me know about the above first and we'll go from there.

5th

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie