Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By harson0203
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question A Super ROM?

I heard ppl always say they want google stock ui because it's flat, clean, simply, and minimalistic without losing some or all features of Samsung TW. Samsung sucks at design UI but some of their features on Note 3 are quite good. ( I know some third party apps do the job but I want some thing that is built into the ROM, also some smart features cannot be replaced) Is there a super ROM out there that can satisfy this dream?
    Assassin Droid likes this.
    Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    8,313 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: A Super ROM?

Depends on what features you mean, but I think that ROM is "stock" to the people who are seeking it. Otherwise, you can put a different launcher and change the home-screen appearance of any ROM, including Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher or even the Google Experience (or Google Now) Launcher. Otherwise, several ROMs, Paranoid Android and others, do push innovative ideas into their builds, but I'm not aware of any specific ROMs that retain most of the TouchWiz enhancements without the bloat - mainly because the enhancements are made out of the same stuff the bloat is, from a coding ecosystem perspective.

In my opinion:

The benefit of Stock isn't purely aesthetic, it lies heavily in not having all of the extra bloat and heaviness that comes with the absence of needless/poorly implemented ideas. Some of HTC and LG and Samsung's, etc ideas are really great and I can easily see the use case for many of them, but the obvious most "ideal" mix of software additions is the Motorola execution (in the Moto X, Moto G and Droid 2013 lines), where useful features and apps are added - as apps - to a mostly stock-like environment.

There are no obstacles stopping the other OEM's from doing the same thing or taking a similar approach, however they choose to add these things as unified approaches either due to coding laziness (which creates more complicated re-work later) or because the visual design cues are easily identifiable by consumers and provide differentiation. So to me, the "super ROM" already exists, and it's free - it comes with the Moto X. The other features I might like to play with, mutli-window specifically, would be neat, but no one has implemented them in a manner that makes them overly useful (they need to work with any app, not a white-list and work outside of a TouchWiz environment). Etc, etc.

¯\_(
    )_/¯ Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Pro, Attentive & Helpful

P.U.P.P.A.H / Community Rules & Guidelines / Ambassador Guides / There's no magic in Root

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I've run the Nova prime launcher, currently using the Google experience launcher.

I can still use all of the Samsung features, such as multi-window, air gestures etc.

I'm quite liking the Google experience launcher.

It's only released for nexus and Google edition phones, but it can be installed on other phones (like my note 3) without being rooted.

Posted via Android Central App

PacROM looks like stock and combines the features of Paranoid Android, AOKP, and Cyanogenmod. You also get some of the Samsung features like Multi Window. Not sure if their working on making it available for Note 3.

Sent from my LG-G2 running CM 11
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Maybe a Google play edition Note 3 with Samsung features ( which are twisted to be compatible with stock kitkat) is a good idea? I will be the first one to buy it.

There are Touchwiz ROMs as well.

[ROM][N9005] Sweet ROM V14 NC2 KIT KAT 4.4.2 [March 16th][Super Quick, Snappy & Smooth] - xda-developers I think the 9005 is the international model build though?

Not yet found the perfect ROM for the 9000t
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I don't mind TW ROM but I found out that a lot of these ROMs UI are the same as stock Samsung TW. there is no TW based ROM with stock Google UI ( Valhalla is the right term?) with full samsung features. A hybrid Nexus-Note ROM is what I prefer.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I don't have this phone but I believe your best bet would be to find a slimmer rom( deblooted ) and run a alternative launcher on top of it. Most tw based Roms keep the framework which enables all of Samsung features.
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sctbc2 View Post
    I've run the Nova prime launcher, currently using the Google experience launcher.

I can still use all of the Samsung features, such as multi-window, air gestures etc.

I'm quite liking the Google experience launcher.

It's only released for nexus and Google edition phones, but it can be installed on other phones (like my note 3) without being rooted.

Posted via Android Central App
    Me too! I love having Google Now to my left and the icons are big and bright! Plus I love being able to talk to my phone from any screen to send texts, call, set reminders, etc! Not to mention it's much faster than most launchers! And Samsung on their newer phones are putting that crappy magazine app on the left home-screen like where Google now is on ours now. Disabling the Samsung home launcher disables bloat! lol And the Google Now launcher works great on my phone! The only bug I have found is that once you restart your device any apps shortcuts or widgets from apps that are on my SD card disappear from any home-screens. But Google wants to do away with SD cards so I understand why this happens.

5th