Note 3 failed with odin now bricked! Help please

xmatic

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I am not new to the rooting scene, however I have a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I've been reading now for the past 2 days, tried several things and still can't get this resolved. I've never had any issues in the past with odin and rooting samsung phones before, including ones with locked bootloaders. However, I've met my match. I tried following the tutorial listed on this site for rooting the samsung note 3 from tmobile. I watched the video and followed along with the files listed here

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - xda-developers

My problem is as follows: I tried rooting with odin, installed kies for the usb support but halfway through the root process I get the big RED FAILED! phone's progress bar stops and it hangs. I though this was strange and never encountered this before. I then tried repeating the same process and same results, however this time around I am only able to bring the phone into "odin" mode "download" and not the original stock rom.

At first I was getting the original "the firmware encountered an upgrade issue" and couldn't bypass this unless I opted for download mode. I've tried the same steps to "unbrick" via oden with stock tmobile firmware for this phone and yet it yields the same results, big exclamation failed on odin. I then tried the process with the .pit file to partition that I found online somewhere and that fails too. My note starts up now, but stuck at the samsung galaxy note 3 screen. I've tried several versions of odin, switching usb cables, usb ports and I am unable to root this phone or even get it unbricked! i've read extensively here and can't seem to find a solution to my problem. Can someone PLEASE point me in the right directions?? BTW, I am using a mac with VMWARE, i've never encountered any issues with vmware in the past while running windows 8.

xmatic

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Download Odin 3.09 and find a 4.4.2 stock firmware right here -> http://tekhd.com/downloads/TMB-N900TUVUCNB4-20140305155920.zip and put it in PDA slot in ODIN and start.

Also if you first upgraded to 4.4.2 for example do not try to ODIN 4.3 at all... because well... that doesn't work. Once on 4.4.2 you will have to flash 4.4.2 no matter what.

Also when upgrading / rooting TURN KIES OFF!... in case you leave it on..

Once in download mode my phone says the following:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SW-N900T
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0X0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0X0
QUALCOM SECUREBOOT: ENAMBLE
RP SWREV: S2, T2, A2, A3 P2
WRITE PROTECTION: ENABLE
UOC START

When I purchased the note 3 I believe I did a manual upgrade of the os via settings. I think it was 4.4.2. and the upgrade made it into 4.3 Not entirely sure, but I know I got the latest update that tmobile had for this phone a few days ago. When you say turn off kies, you mean shut it down as to closing the application on the computer? If in fact i have 4.3 what then? I tried following the instructions above and I still get nowhere. This is the message I get:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N900TUVUCNB4_N900TTMBCNB4_N900TUVUCNB4_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/003> tz.mbn
<ID:0/003> sdi.mbn
<ID:0/003> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Last edited:

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes turn off KIES app on computer (Mac / VMWARE) in its entirety. It looks like you're flashing the right file.
You said you flashed a PIT file are you sure it was the right one? Normally you should not have to flash a PIT File unless you accidentally turned on Re-Partition in ODIN.
When flashing in ODIN the only things needed to be checked are AUTO REBOOT & F. RESET TIME.

Double check in SETTINGS - GENERAL - ABOUT DEVICE what Android version you have I'm assuming 4.4.2 but never hurts to check.

Also when you start ODIN do it by RIGHT CLICKING on it and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

xmatic

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
It just doesn't work, everything fails, I think my problem is a bit more isolated to the vmware than anything else. I was able to restore the phone to it's original state, but I can't root at all. Any ideas on how to root with Heimdall? I can't seem to find a tutorial on how to do it.

Follow the steps in this forum. EASY STEPS >>> STOCK ODIN N900TUVUCNB4 -> CF-ROOT -> Philz-Recovery -> FIX -> done! - xda-developers

You can skip the 1st step (ODIN the Stock Rom) and go straight to step 2 (CF-Root)

suiken01

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Download Odin 3.09 and find a 4.4.2 stock firmware right here -> http://tekhd.com/downloads/TMB-N900TUVUCNB4-20140305155920.zip and put it in PDA slot in ODIN and start.

Also if you first upgraded to 4.4.2 for example do not try to ODIN 4.3 at all... because well... that doesn't work. Once on 4.4.2 you will have to flash 4.4.2 no matter what.

Also when upgrading / rooting TURN KIES OFF!... in case you leave it on..

hi do I use the same method to repair?? when I was updating the system the battery fell off. now it just stops at tmobile screen. can't get into recovery mode but can go to download mode. also need to retrieve some important pictures. please help thanks so much I have note 3 sm-n900t. phone is all stock never tweaked it. so I am getting to know Odin, ROM etc so please be gentle :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01