Keep my Nexus 5 or switch to Galaxy Note 3?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have always liked touchwiz and while i prefer Stock android and love my Nexus 5 the fact the battery leaves a lot to be desired and no wifi calling on the nexus 5 is making me consider buying a note 3. Since i signed up last week and brought the nexus 5 with my as my own device will it be a "upgrade" and have to pay $120 down payment or can i get it $0 down ? Also is it worth it ?

Last edited by a moderator:

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Keep my Nexus 5 or switch to galaxy note 3?

there is no contract, you should be able to goto a store and do $0 down thing, then just sell N5 somewhere (amazon or ebay).

Is it better? I think so.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Naa on the website when it says to upgrade it says I have to pay $120 down and monthly payments of $25 a month. This is when I go from my t-mobile page

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

I own both. My nexus 5 is my daily driver phone. I keep my Note 3 updated in case i want to switch to it but i often find my self remembering why its not my daily driver phone.
Often times i want to do something one handed and its not feasible with the note 3. Its mainly for that reason i dont use it every single day.
Its going to boil down to your personal preference. Both are great phones.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Naa on the website when it says to upgrade it says I have to pay $120 down and monthly payments of $25 a month. This is when I go from my t-mobile page

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Website is not very flexible, you need to talk to a local store. They can do lots of things website can't.

@T-Mobile GN3

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I own both. My nexus 5 is my daily driver phone. I keep my Note 3 updated in case i want to switch to it but i often find my self remembering why its not my daily driver phone.
Often times i want to do something one handed and its not feasible with the note 3. Its mainly for that reason i dont use it every single day.
Its going to boil down to your personal preference. Both are great phones.

You can enable one hand operation mode, the ui will shrink to one side so one hand can easily reach all element on the ui.

@T-Mobile GN3

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

When I see a question like this, I always smile......its obvious that the Note3 is calling your name, go get it....you won't be disappointed. SMILE

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

When I see a question like this, I always smile......its obvious that the Note3 is calling your name, go get it....you won't be disappointed. SMILE

It does all things being equal but the question more is it worth paying for it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Website is not very flexible, you need to talk to a local store. They can do lots of things website can't.

@T-Mobile GN3

I'm new to this t-mobile thing ( I left them when they were doing subsidies) is there a way I can put a payment down and only pay 20 a month for the note 3 ?

mikepas

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to this t-mobile thing ( I left them when they were doing subsidies) is there a way I can put a payment down and only pay 20 a month for the note 3 ?

The best thing to do is head into a local store (company not contractor) and talk to the sales folks there. Often times they can work with you to get stuff done, and make the sale.

I had the Nexus 5 and liked it but the inability to utilize Wi-Fi calling was a deal killer for me. Where I work is basically like a Faraday Cage and the only way I can make or receive calls there is via Wi-Fi calling. That being said I do enjoy the Note 3 and the only changes I made was to install Action Launcher Pro to get rid of the ugly Touch Wiz.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The best thing to do is head into a local store (company not contractor) and talk to the sales folks there. Often times they can work with you to get stuff done, and make the sale.

I had the Nexus 5 and liked it but the inability to utilize Wi-Fi calling was a deal killer for me. Where I work is basically like a Faraday Cage and the only way I can make or receive calls there is via Wi-Fi calling. That being said I do enjoy the Note 3 and the only changes I made was to install Action Launcher Pro to get rid of the ugly Touch Wiz.

Ugly touchwiz? I like if not love touchwiz lol... I love plain android as well but i like Touchwiz :)

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just returned my Nexus to get Note 3 back. Originally had Note...exchanged for a Nexus. Loved it....pure android....was fluid and very fast. But I missed the beast (Note 3). Missed the screen size and camera the most. I also missed some of the features that come along with the Note. So I'm back to my Note....glad to be back too.

Posted via Android Central App

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just returned my Nexus to get Note 3 back. Originally had Note...exchanged for a Nexus. Loved it....pure android....was fluid and very fast. But I missed the beast (Note 3). Missed the screen size and camera the most. I also missed some of the features that come along with the Note. So I'm back to my Note....glad to be back too.

Posted via Android Central App

Welcome back to the BEAST....SMILE

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I just got the note 3 and wow the screen is big...I find the s pen unresponsive at times but tbh I got the note for bigger screen then the pen so not a big deal. I'll miss the nexus 5 and instant updates but battery life will need to be improved for me to get a nexus 6 or whatever

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got the note 3 and wow the screen is big...I find the s pen unresponsive at times but tbh I got the note for bigger screen then the pen so not a big deal. I'll miss the nexus 5 and instant updates but battery life will need to be improved for me to get a nexus 6 or whatever

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Congrats, visit here often if you have any questions.

@T-Mobile GN3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000