How to Charge Batteries .....

vja4Him

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I know there is already information on this topic ..... I have read conflicting advice on how to charge cell phone batteries, but I want to make sure and get the maximum use and life from the ZeroLemon 10000 Extended Battery for my Note 3 .....

The directions from the company simply state to give six full charges, but there is no explanation exactly what that means. I have sent the company a question regarding this issue, but still have not yet received an answer .....

I just finished the third full charge. When I received the battery, I charged it for 12 hours before unplugging from the charger. Then allowed my Note 3 to go completely dead (to Zero %). Then charged again for 12 hours. Did this three times so far.

I'm only getting around 37 hours of medium to heavy use, or about 1 1/2 days, and around 18-20 hours of Screen On Time, which seems somewhat impressive!

After I go through six charging cycles, should I always charge for 12 hours, or is this no longer necessary?

-- Jim

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You should charge until the battery is completely full.

I agree. I just charge my battery overnight and take it off the charger when full or when I wake up in the middle of the night. The Note3 battery is the best so far comparing it to the many devices that came before (except the Blackberry 8330, it's about the same)

vja4Him

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I just charge my battery overnight and take it off the charger when full or when I wake up in the middle of the night. The Note3 battery is the best so far comparing it to the many devices that came before (except the Blackberry 8330, it's about the same)

I am assuming that charging procedures are the same for the Note 3 stock battery (3200mAh) and the ZeroLemon 10000mAh Extended Battery.

Is there any real danger in damaging the battery if I leave it on the charger, even after the battery meter reads 100%? I have read that the battery meter may read 100%, but the battery might still not be fully charged.

Also, what about using my Note 3 at my desk while plugged into the charger! I like to do that sometime, so when I leave home, my batter is fully charged. Although, with this monster battery I guess it is really no longer necessary, because 100% charge will last me at least 1 1/2 days (at the present rate of discharge). I'm hoping that when the battery is fully conditioned, I will get at least 2 full days, maybe even 3 days .....

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I only use stock batteries so I really don't know about the ZeroLemon batteries. I have left my battery charging after reaching 100% quite a few times and I still get approx a day and half. I'm not sure if it's harmful or not, but it hasn't affected my battery daily life...yet

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the zero lemon battery. The best i got was 17 hours of screen on time and that was over the course of two days. I don't do anything special. I just put my phone on the charger overnight and take it off in the morning. Battery life is still good. I wouldn't worry much about it. Just use a good charger.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The thing i love about samsung phones is that i can replace the battery! I personally don't care about preserving the battery because if I kill it I can just buy another official Samsung battery on amazon for 20 bucks or so shipped and slap that one in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2