Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By duro1990
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default tmobile note 3 help!

I have a big problem fam.
    I was Trying to root my phone and now i cant turn it on or go on recovery mode and downloading mode.It turns on and off like every 5second and its says set waranty: recovery and it'll jst flash what should i do..thank u in advance..

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Default Re: tmobile note 3 help!

Do you have any backups? You can go through Kies and do emergency recovery firmware, but if you didn't back up your files, then it will just erase everything and it will be like when you first bought the phone... it happened to me before and I went through Kies & did a emergency firmware recovery... good luck

Sent from my SM-N900 using AC Forums mobile app

Allan,

What app did you use to root your phone? See that is exactly the reason why I am scared to root my phone to get rid of all the bloatware. I don't want to corrupt/destroy a $600 phone

Abarzua,

What program is the best to back-up your phone?

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

The root wasn't done correctly - something went wrong. I don't know what exactly went wrong; maybe XDA or a similar forum could help. You'll have to recover your phone with Kies unless you have a recovery on the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm assuming that the OP found a cure as they have not posted back here yet. If not, when you see the set warranty and seandroid not enforcing screen, there's a simple solution. You have to remove the battery, then hold Vol Down+Power+Home button simultaneously then insert the battery (it is easier if you have someone else put the battery in if your hands aren't large enough to do it). It will then boot into download mode. Then it asks if you're sure you want to continue. You press volume down (which will cancel the download mode), and the phone will restart and boot up normally. For the record, this happens a lot to many rooters. It's usually because there is a problem with the recovery firmware (such as trying to root with 4.3 recovery for a 4.4 phone).

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Allen, I don't blame for being scared to root your phone, I paid $600 for mine too, but always do backups on your phone because you never know. I USE G-cloud great, for backing everything up. And I needed to use it once and it restored it just the way I had it.. You don't need root access for g-cloud either.

Sent from my SM-N900 using AC Forums mobile app