Note 3 connection issues

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
My phone (note 3 on tmo) isn't comnecting to lte even though there is. I have to manually put it on through the service mode (dialing *#2263#). Any time I get a call and then it goes back to 4g it won't go back to LTE. In downtown areas it automatically connects but idk. also it's worth noting that the 4g is super slow. I've talked to tmo about the towers and everything and they ciuldnt fix it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What APN settings do you have? Take some screen shots of those and post them for us to look at.
Also this is a branded Note 3 on TMO right? not an unlocked ATT or international version..

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Original T-Mobile note 3
uby8ymu4.jpg

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Any one have any input?

Need a little more info...

What city are you in? Do you have connection issues in your area? Do you have any problems with LTE with any other T-Mobile Phone?

- - - Updated - - -

Any one have any input?

Need a little more info...

What city are you in? Do you have connection issues in your area? Do you have any problems with LTE with any other T-Mobile Phone?

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Salem MA, no I dont, and other phones in same area on tmo have same problem

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Salem MA, no I dont, and other phones in same area on tmo have same problem

If other phones on T-Mobile in your area have the same problem, unfortunately it sounds like you need to find a new carrier........... Carrier issues in your area not Note 3 issues.

Just like any other carrier T-mobile works great in some areas but not all.

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site
It's actually great in my area, metro PCs doesn't have the problem

If T- Mobile is great in your area why did you say "and other phones in same area on tmo have same problem" ????????

I don't know if there is a language barrier or not but I am confused.............

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I can manually connect to LTE, it should do it automatically as it does in other areas

jjfan71

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
My phone (note 3 on tmo) isn't comnecting to lte even though there is. I have to manually put it on through the service mode (dialing *#2263#). Any time I get a call and then it goes back to 4g it won't go back to LTE. In downtown areas it automatically connects but idk. also it's worth noting that the 4g is super slow. I've talked to tmo about the towers and everything and they ciuldnt fix it

I am having major connection issues with my note 3!!! It will show minimum 4 bars and 4g LTE and will not upload anything. I get the "no internet connection". This is really pissing me off. My kids' iPhones have no problems in the exact same locations I'm in.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Create a new APN.
Copy everything from the OLD APN with the exception of Protocol.
Change that to IPv4.
I noticed on many devics, M7, M8, Note 3, Nexus 5, that IPv6 caused me to have data connectivity issues when the unit has been in stand by for a short while.
Changing to IPv4 i have no problems.

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Create a new APN.
Change that to IPv4.
I noticed on many devics, M7, M8, Note 3, Nexus 5, that IPv6 caused me to have data connectivity issues when the unit has been in stand by for a short while.
thank you so much, you fixed tmo for me

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Create a new APN.
Change that to IPv4.

I had done a similar thing awhile ago but changing it to IPv4/IPv6 because I was having connection problems to certain sites. I know they want to employ ipv6 as much as possible but I think TMO should have made the dual setting the default instead. It's still relatively early in ipv6 deployment and it's just not going to work everywhere, not to mention bugs that have yet to be worked out.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Create a new APN.
Change that to IPv4.

I just did this and will let you know my results.

Orical

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I had done a similar thing awhile ago but changing it to IPv4/IPv6 because I was having connection problems to certain sites. I know they want to employ ipv6 as much as possible but I think TMO should have made the dual setting the default instead. It's still relatively early in ipv6 deployment and it's just not going to work everywhere, not to mention bugs that have yet to be worked out.
IPv6 does have a long way to go, it is a known problem that T-Mobile has been trying to correct for a few months now, I've gone through the same thing in Boston and Tech support doesn't have a clue why it works fine on some devices and others crash when switching from LTE to 4G. They know it's happening but what confuses them is it connects fine going from 4G to LTE it just locks up the network when trying to switch back.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. Thats more then I knew.. Im going to test that out this weekend.
I have had it lock up on me even when i was NOT going from LTE to 4G. I can be at my apt with full LTE and after a while it will loose data connectivity. Hence why i started to experiment and try different settings.
Ill test that out again this weekend.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Create a new APN.
Change that to IPv4.

I did this and it worked for a while but then the same thing would happen again. It's even worse on my girlfriends HTC One.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

eazie757

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I am also having the same problem. I changed the settings back and forth expeiencing the same problem everytime. I wish t-mobile would fix it on their end or release an update to fix it on our end.

Posted via Android Central App