Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New OTA update received today

New OTA update received today and it is 191mb and just says stability update. I see that the GPS icon now displayed as location and also addition of download booster. I hope this will better my battery life which isn't as good after updating to kitkat.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: New OTA update received today

It is likely this update: Has anyone gotten the new update yet ( N900TUVUDNE6)

You can confirm in your device settings. It greatly improved my battery life.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    It is likely this update: Has anyone gotten the new update yet ( N900TUVUDNE6)

You can confirm in your device settings. It greatly improved my battery life.
    I am not sure if this is the update. I am not seeing the WiFi issue mentioned in this thread. But battery life seems to have improved (though am not sure yet) as half day passed and still showing 92%.

Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

I got the update via Kies3 and installed. The GPS icon has changed, and I really dislike the message that pops up when you turn GPS on now. As for battery I don't know yet. Been hammering on the phone pretty hard today and currently at 55% (took off charger at 7am Eastern.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted

I just got this update. Been checking every now and then since I heard of it like 2 months ago. My battery life took a plunge when it went from jelly bean 4.3 to kitkat 4.4.2. But so far since this morning battery life seems to be back to normal

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

so I got one today it was 171mb. I am now on N900TUVUDNF1. No idea what it is, I was driving, was not going to install it, but missed and hit it. (I know, dont drive and look at your phone, I was at a stop light, still not right, but I did it).

Quote Originally Posted by vr002sh View Post
    so I got one today it was 171mb. I am now on N900TUVUDNF1. No idea what it is, I was driving, was not going to install it, but missed and hit it. (I know, dont drive and look at your phone, I was at a stop light, still not right, but I did it).
    It's just improvements to VoLTE.

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Thanks JPR. I did a bit of research and agree. The funny thing is I got the VoLTE a few weeks ago, and have noticed and made several VoLTE calls. I update via Kies to get it. Maybe this is just the OTA update catching up, but it should have seen that I had it already.

That was a different update. The first update enabled VoLTE. The second update fixed some bugs in it. People in a couple markets were having call quality problems. They got the new update OTA and it was mandatory for them to upgrade. The rest of us could upgrade through Kies if we wanted.