Connection Problems

alpinecivic

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a 3 month old Note3, seems that most of my problems have started after updating to KitKat. My current issue is with my Network connection.

My Note gets stuck uploading and doesn't download. The 4G LTE icon is displayed with the uploading arrow flashing but the downloading arrow stays gray. It will stay like this for several minutes. Sometimes I have to restart the phone in order to get it going again. It started not to long after the update, and has gotten worst everyday.

Do I have a defective phone?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive replied on other threads with similar issues. If your on T-Mobile.
Create a new APN. Copy everything from the stock to the new APN. When you get to APN Protocol. Change it FROM IPv6 to IPv4.
With my M7, M8, Note 3, Nexus 5 all had issues staying connected when IPv6 was selected.
With IPv4 i seem to have no issues.
If your not on T-Mobile.. not sure..

alpinecivic

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Create a new APN. Copy everything from the stock to the new APN. When you get to APN Protocol. Change it FROM IPv6 to IPv4.
With my M7, M8, Note 3, Nexus 5 all had issues staying connected when IPv6 was selected.

Thanks! I'll give it a try

Will I see any speed differences. Pardon my ignorance, but what's the difference between IPv6 and IPv4?

Posted via Android Central App

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

I just created a new APN and will let you know if it makes a difference. Thanks for the tip.