Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default bottom 1/2 of touchscreen won't work...

All of the sudden, I can't access the bottom of my screen using my finger. The stylus works there, but it's not so convenient to use for everything. This problem is present on all screens... meaning if I pull down the notification screen, I have to use the stylus to pull it back up. Same in any app. This problem presented very suddenly - no water nearby, no weather changes, etc. Any suggestions?

Default Re: bottom 1/2 of touchscreen won't work...

Do you have an S-view cover or any case or holder with a magnet in it?

Also make sure you don't have Interaction Control turned on under Accessibility.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks - I just double checked the accessibility controls - nothing there has changed. and no magnets nearby etc. totally baffling!

Then i think it's best to do a factory reset to determine if you have a hardware problem.

My thought from my first response was that it was acting like it had a closed s-view cover on and only activating the top half of the screen. So I thought a magnet that was too strong or misaligned may be triggering that.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Just an update - we went to T-mobile and they said they'd never seen anything like this. We didn't have insurance on the phone but they are replacing it under warranty. We're happy with that outcome.