- 11 Posts
Google+ Video Auto backup lowers quality?
I decided to use google+'s auto backup feature to backup my photos and videos. I always used dropbox but wanted to give google a chance since storage pricing are a lot cheaper.
My issue is that on settings I have it set up to upload at full. However, videos recorded at a resolution of 1920x1080 get resized to the following resolutions:
854x480 and 320x240 - Actual video sizes seem to remain same as originals.
I have 100gb of storage and have only used 2.3gb. Is this a known issue; is there anyway to get the videos to upload at theor original resolutions?
Also, once photos and videos are uploaded, is it safe to delete them from my Note 3's sd card?
Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk ProUsing Tapatalk
- 07-12-2014, 09:31 AM #2
- 8 Posts
Re: Google+ Video Auto backup lowers quality?
Well, your videos don't get uploaded at original quality because your photo size settings are set to max. quality.
I don't think there's an option to upload videos at their original size. Maybe you could try to port a video to your PC and upload it from your PC on photos.google.com and look if they're getting resized there, too. My videos are getting resized too and I have no setting to configure the video uploading quality.
Last edited by AaronAverage; 07-21-2014 at 03:46 PM.
- 07-20-2014, 11:45 PM #4
- By Blake Mead in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 10Last Post: 09-23-2014, 04:28 AM
- By fedxup in forum LG G3Replies: 4Last Post: 07-11-2014, 05:22 PM
- By fleshpepper in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-11-2014, 05:09 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-11-2014, 03:08 PM
- By Mr nexus in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-11-2014, 03:05 PM